• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft Bands - Remove or keep?

KevinTPA

Reaction score
What's everyone's preference? I've seen some people keep the bands on and some remove them. I personally like the clean look so I usually remove them, but reselling clubs makes it tough for those that like to keep them on. I'm asking because I recently got a new set. Not sure if I'm going to keep them on or not.

I keep mine on. My irons don't have bands though, they have the info imprinted on the shaft. It is a sort of silver/white lettering and you can't really see it unless you look right at it.

I will have to say that my Rifle bands have lastest alot longer than my DG ones did. I don't know why, but they have.

I'd keep them on. It would be a good selling feature, plus if you want to change out a shaft, you at least know exactly what's in there.

R35

Rockford35 said:
I will have to say that my Rifle bands have lastest alot longer than my DG ones did. I don't know why, but they have.

I'd keep them on. It would be a good selling feature, plus if you want to change out a shaft, you at least know exactly what's in there.

R35

Man just a little work and you can figure out any True Temper steel shaft out there. TT has a feature on their site that will let you determine the shaft based on step increments. All you need is that site and a measuring tape, yeah in inches not freaking centimeters.:D

(It might actually have the measurements in centimeters too, but damnit when is the rest of the world going to figure out inches.:p )

Davebud said:
Man just a little work and you can figure out any True Temper steel shaft out there. TT has a feature on their site that will let you determine the shaft based on step increments. All you need is that site and a measuring tape, yeah in inches not freaking centimeters.:D

(It might actually have the measurements in centimeters too, but damnit when is the rest of the world going to figure out inches.:p )

LOL...

Sucks to be on the outside looking in, hey? LOL...:D

R35

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781