• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft weight/torque

Gregor

Jul 10, 2008
I'm a low baller, 90ish ss, playing to about a 8.5. I just got fitted into a 2007 ct250 titanium/carbon composite head with a ct250 shaft.(I was looking for affordable and this was it) I noticed the shaft was lighter and had more torque than alot of the other shafts at 51g and 4.5 however torque is measured. Can anyone tell me how this difference in weight and torque in the shaft will likely affect my swing? Thanks.

Torque is a pretty much useless measure when it comes to a fitting purpose. Generally, lower torque shafts have a more boardy feel, but even then it's pretty much become a misnomer.

Shaft weight, however, is a bit more of a unicorn. Some guys prefer a heavier weight shaft as it aides in control. Lighter shafts enable you to swing the club faster, but with less control (generally).

The key is finding your own personal likes and dislikes. I hate heavy shafts in my driver, and high torque/soft tip shafts. But that's me. If/when you find something you like, use those measures to limit your search to something that fits similar criteria. While that's only a guide, it's at least a start.

R35

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54