• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Side Wedge!!!

smokey

Smokey
I am a jr golfer and is getting better BUT my pitching wedge is my worst club. for the most part it's good but the 1 time I need it to go straight I hit it and it goes off the the toe and goes 90 degrees off my right sid and it to the woods (deep).
Does any one know how I can stop this from doing this
(besides just hitting the clib rite).

Smokey
Bones mend, scares heal, glory is forever.
:canadafla :smilie_pi

Pitching should be like a putting stroke. Same smooth (not fast) speed every time. Lock wrists. Control distance by amount of backswing. Learn the distance for each amount of backswing. You can use different clubs for different results by I only use PW for all.

My $0.02

Are you sure it is going off the toe and not the hosel? It sounds like a shank, where you are hitting the ball off the hosel (where the shaft meets the clubhead). It can be caused from a number of things. Including standing to close to the ball.

edit 1 - this may help as well
http://www.golfonline.com/golfonline/instruction/privatelessons/faults/0,,02_4_hh,00.html

If you are sure it is off the toe, you may be standing to far from the ball or keeping your weight on your back foot at impact.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?