• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Snake Eyes Viper Ti-460

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, club ho'ing again. Golfsmith made me an offer that I could not refuse. Sale price on a Snake Eyes Viper Ti-460 down to $95.98 from $119.99. E-mail offer of 15% off any item over $50 for being in their rewards program. Take home price on the driver head $81.60.

Its been a bit windy down here during my last few rounds and my 10.5 degree Viper Ti-4 has been getting effecting as it is a fairly high launch angle in my hands with the Graffalloy Comp NT shaft. I was initially eyeing a closeout SE 600T 8.5 degree head, but when I saw the sale on the Ti-460 and the Python Powerlink it opened up the option of a larger head. After a few days of contemplation, I decided to go with the Viper Ti-460 to compliment my Viper Ti-4.

Specs:

SE Viper Ti-460 9.5* head
Graffalloy Blue R Flex (strange swing speed range on the Blues, R= 90-100 mph)
Golf Pride (SE branded) Decade Multi compound grip.

I put it together yesterday afternoon, and I am hoping to get it out on the range after work today. This combo should lower my ball flight a bit so that I can take advantage of some roll on my drives and keep it out of the wind (it is hurricane season after all) for some more distance. The Viper Ti-4 is not going anywhere as it will still be in the bag when higher launch condition will be to my advantage. With the rainy season coming up, the longer carry distance with the Ti-4 will be needed.

I will post my results once I get to hit it a few times.

Sounds like a good deal. How much do you buy shafts for in the US over here they are way over priced.

I got the Blue for $56 which is its normal price at Golfsmith.

Well, its hurricane season already. I went to the local course to hit the range on the way home from work yesterday and the range was closed due to one of the outer bands from Alberto soaking the range. Looks like some heavy rain for the next two days, so it may be a few before I can unsheath the new driver:( .

Adam Pettman said:
Sounds like a good deal. How much do you buy shafts for in the US over here they are way over priced.

Get on ebay, you can pick Grafalloy blues and blue tours up for £29.99 and you can get most others for under £50. I just got 2 NT proto's for £45 each. That's not bad, check out these links......

BLUE http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRAFALLOY-BLUE-GOLF-SHAFT-STIFF-FLEX-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ7247554751QQcategoryZ47326QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PRO-LAUNCH http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRAFALLOY-PROLAUNCH-BLUE-65G-STIFF-REG-X-GOLF-SHAFT_W0QQitemZ7247556435QQcategoryZ47326QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

NT PROTO http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GRAFALLOY-BLUE-NT-COMP-PROTOTYPE-STIFF-GOLF-SHAFT_W0QQitemZ7247553533QQcategoryZ47326QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PROLITE http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRAFALLOY-PROLITE-35-REG-COLORS-SPECIAL-ED-ORANGE-BLUE_W0QQitemZ7248963073QQcategoryZ47326QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Still more rain from Alberto yesterday and today. I am hoping to get this bad boy out to the range before my next round, but it is not looking good.

Well, after the rain passed I was able to get the Viper Ti-460 out to the range yesterday and on the course today. Gentlemen, this is the real deal.

It took a few swings on the range to get used to the new driver, but after a few swings everything fell into place. A large, very forgiving head. It took and extreme mis hit to notice any kind of distance loss or offline drive. Unless I hit it on the extreme toe or heel, the ball went straight and far. I adjusted the tee height a bit and was able to get low straight drives or high straight drives.

There are 3 weight ports in the head, and I am currently set up with a 12g weight in the center and two 10g weights at the toe and heel ports. I like a heavy swing weight, and this combination has worked well for me so far. The deep blue head combined with the Graffalloy Blue shaft and Snake Eyes Decade grip presents an attractive package. I was playing with a couple of guys from South Texas today at the course and they both wanted to know what driver I was hitting. They were a bit surprised to find out it was a Snake Eyes.

Today on the course I was pleasantly surprised on how well I adapted to the new driver. From the first tee on the opening par 5, I was hitting it long straight and lower than my Viper Ti4. With the lone exception of an extreme heel hit on the par 5 ninth, I was in the fairway or within 2 feet of the fairway on every hole I used the driver on. The face has that hot feeling that you expect from a modern driver, but the forgiveness of the face is absolutely amazing compared to other drivers I have tried in the past. The only ball that had any kind of severe movement was the heel shot on number 9. Even with the heel shot, I was still even with my playing partners and only lost about 20 to 30 yards on the drive and most of that was due to the spin to the right rather than a missed sweet spot. Into the wind I could tee it low and run the ball down the fairway. With a tail wind, I could tee it high and take a long carry down the fairway.

The best part about the driver is the lower ball flight that I have been able to achieve with the 9.5 degree face and Graffalloy Blue shaft. My ball would actually run after it landed unlike my 10.5 degree Viper Ti-4. I was easily gaining another 15-20 yards on total driving distance with the increased roll.

Long and straight. That is the best way I can describe the Snake Eyes Viper Ti-460. Amazingly forgiving and amazing long. If you get a chance to visit a Golfsmith, take this driver out for a spin. You will be glad you did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520