• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Something I hadn't heard of before.

PingZing2

Can you HACK it?
Reaction score
On Tuesday went to the course planning to play by myself but there were a few people there so I got paired up with a nice gentleman, would guess he was 50ish. Went to the first tee box and noticed two things right off. He had a DCT and that is the first guy I have played with in 2 years that has even heard of Geek Golf. While he was teeing of, just glanced down to see what irons he was playing and the strange thing that I noticed was they were all the exact same length. They were 1 iron or something like that. They looked like some of the large older berthas.

At this point I wasn't sure what to think. After playing a few holes, I must say I was impressed. He was the picture of consistency with ball striking, everything was straight and right down the middle. He gave me a run for my money.

Talking to him he said that he started playing those clubs about 3 years ago and went from an 18 cap to around an 8. He shot 3 over and wasn't extremely long off the tee and short game was good/to slightly above average, but ball striking was money.

I guess this got me thinking, I have a few friends that aren't great with their irons, will this work for them? The idea is probably not bad, I didn't like the looks of the heads on the irons he was playing, so would go with a different head and would need to adjust lie.

Anyone tried anything like this before?

As long as the headweights are the same, you can MOI-match the entire set pretty easily. Same shafts, same lengths, same headweights. They HAVE to be the same MOI.

I think this is what 1-Iron Golf is all about.

Seems a bit goofy to me, but to each his own I guess.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking