• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swing or Shaft???

Calhoun

Reaction score
I am starting to have a real problem. Can a shaft make that much difference? I bought Rock's FT-5 about 2 weeks ago. I loved that club when I hit it a few months ago. I used it for a weekend tourney as soon as I got it and I wasn't quite used to the creation but I hit some great drives with it but it wasn't as consistant as my SQ with the redboard. I figured I just need to get used to it. The ones I did smash felt awesome. I took a week off last week as I needed to step away for a couple of days. I became more inconsistant with all my clubs as the weekend progressed.
I played this past Sunday with couple of guys from my club and I was hitting all irons and wedges great. Better than usual. But I couldn't do anything off the tee. I either hit low wormers or low snap hooks. I had one long deep drive that actually got up with a nice trajactory. But that was it. I went to the range today at lunch and did the same thing. Irons nice and straight with a beautiful fade every now and then. Drivers sucked! low burners or snap hooks. Oh, and i developed a nasty banana slice on a couple. I might of hit 2 or 3 good drives. I was pissed as I drove away.

I got home this evening and my son was playing outside so I went and grabbed the Superquad out of the spare bag and I tee'd up two in the fariway and hit back-to-back bombs down the middle. All I could do was laugh

I know I got frustrated at the range which caused me to be more tense. I was somewhat laid back at the house, but I still don't think that I was swinging that much differently at home than on the range. Can a shaft make that much difference?
I know I have swing flaws, which I am trying to cure. (first lesson tomorrow.) But my usual mishit is a long killer hook. All my mishits with the FT-5 were low. I don't have luanch data except for swing speed (107-110). I have a fast transfer and a quick tempo.
I am planning on asking as many questions tomorow as possible but I wanted to know what you guys thought. I really want to love this combo. I love the FT-5. It looks great and has the most pop of any driver that I have hit. But I am starting to think it is the shaft. I am devloping this same senerio in my 3 wood. But hopefully that when I cure my driver problem my 3 wood problem will go away.

Sorry for the long post. The swing oil went down real smooth tonight.

IMO (and I think many here would agree), finding the right shaft for your swing is critical.

From what I hear about the Creation, it's for the high speed swingers. From the sound of your swing speed, you fall into that range but there are other shaft properties that might not be meshing with your swing.

Redboard is higher launching isn't it? The tip on the creation is quite stiff, to where you would most likely be hitting the ball lower. There's no excuse for worm burners. With that swing speed, I think this is all in your head.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520