• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

swing video

Is it just me or does the driver dtl look like a big slice?

Im terrible with fixing swings and giving swing tips other than grip and equipment, so i cant help all too much.

most of the shots i made that day were slight draw or push draw. i think it's the camera angle.

i did little bit of the stiff left arm today, and it seems to be helping. 10 GIR isn't bad for 8 hncp. but then again, i couldn't really see myself, so i could've been just imagining things.

ez, how was my back swing today?

most of the shots i made that day were slight draw or push draw. i think it's the camera angle.

i did little bit of the stiff left arm today, and it seems to be helping. 10 GIR isn't bad for 8 hncp. but then again, i couldn't really see myself, so i could've been just imagining things.

ez, how was my back swing today?

Looked like you were "trying" to keep it under control and getting a little off balance. You got stuck on the tee shot on 8 and the par 3 tee shot on 16. Those two I recall, you got too deep and were fecked on the downswing. I'd imagine mine was back to pretty long by the end of the round, I really stopped caring about mechanics and actually needed to. If that's as bad as the full swing gets for me though I'll take it.

Two fast, looking at your backswing, there is only one thing i can see wrong which is too much rotation in your wrists which in turn sets the plane a little flat and gets your right arm behind you a bit, leading to the right arm to have to travel to get back into position further than it should have to do.

The one thing i would suggest is similar to the belly/club drill, which is to keep the clubface looking at the ball as long as possible on the takeaway, i.e keep the clubhead outside the hands till at least hip height, this will steepen only slightly the plane you are on but will correct your fault and will allow your right arm to react correctly, your downsing then should shallow your plane and you will hit more on line golf shots, the problem with your right arm going slightly too far behind is that your shaft does steepen slightly on the way down and is slightly above your backswing plane.

It looks like a very solid take away. The quiet lower body is good will help generate distance and control. The only thing I am noticing is that you "gator arm" your follow through. You need to try and practice a full extension as a lot of the people here are mentioning. An easy drill for that is to Tee up a driver like normal, then put another ball 1 foot in front of the golf ball along the line you are trying to hit your drive. Then swing hitting the golf ball on the tee and trying to continue extending through to hit the golf ball on the ground. You shouldn't actually hit it but it will cause you to attempt to stretch to the finish a bit more.

Two fast, looking at your backswing, there is only one thing i can see wrong which is too much rotation in your wrists which in turn sets the plane a little flat and gets your right arm behind you a bit, leading to the right arm to have to travel to get back into position further than it should have to do.

The one thing i would suggest is similar to the belly/club drill, which is to keep the clubface looking at the ball as long as possible on the takeaway, i.e keep the clubhead outside the hands till at least hip height, this will steepen only slightly the plane you are on but will correct your fault and will allow your right arm to react correctly, your downsing then should shallow your plane and you will hit more on line golf shots, the problem with your right arm going slightly too far behind is that your shaft does steepen slightly on the way down and is slightly above your backswing plane.

thanks for the suggestion.

i worked on couple of things today, mostly keeping my left arm straight and shortening my backswing. can you look at it for me?

SwingAcademy.com
SwingAcademy.com
SwingAcademy.com
SwingAcademy.com

thanks

Lol. I did a quick analysis of my opinion then looked at yours after. Glad to see we're on the same page at least. Takeaway is looking a bit inside. Glove under left armpit and takaway straight back has been working for me. If I take it inside now, I $hank it.

thanks for the suggestion.

i worked on couple of things today, mostly keeping my left arm straight and shortening my backswing. can you look at it for me?

SwingAcademy.com
SwingAcademy.com
SwingAcademy.com
SwingAcademy.com

thanks

I'm reading a book called The Plane Truth, Master Class. I don't own it yet I just take my lunch break at Barns&Noble and read it there. It breaks down and explains the two types of swings 1 plane vs. 2 plane swing. I think you have a two plane swing nothing wrong with that but if you are trying to shorten up your back swing and calm down the lower body have you ever thought of going to a 1 plane swing. Next time your in a book store give the book a look if they have it.

If you are taking stuff from the masterclass book, may i suggest you try the first book, as this explains the premise behind the swings and the master class book re-affirms and breaks down in detail the study behind it.

Personally i dont think you should pigeon hole yourself into either, there is more than one way to skin the cat that is golf, and by setting yourself into a certain modality of swinging i think you may restrict your progress.

Getting back to your swing, there is a lot of extension in the early part of your golf swing this is at the expense of a natural wrist set whereby the weight of the club will set the angles naturally, by extending as much as you can you delay the set and because of this your right arm starts to creep behind you and this then sets the plane flat, your swing then lifts slightly but by this time your face is shut and your arms have swung too far, the dowswing is a great move but it is hampered by what has gone before, i am a great believer that what you put into your backswing is what your downswing will give you, so if you make bad moves back, there will be compensations coming down.

1. Work on the drill i suggested as it will get the takeaway more on line toi start and also encourage the correct shaft plane later in the backswing.

2.A good drill i suggested to EZ was get on your knees (stop it) get a club, grip down it, then make a backswing, this will restrict hip turn obviously and will shorten your arm swing and upper body coil, but when the backswing stops, that is your optimum swing length for arms and upper body coil, anything past that point in a normal swing would mean your turn is too much past your flexibility point, and your arms are losing connection with your body.

pardon my hijacking thread, and the ignorant question.

What does the glove do? I understand keeping it held between your body and arm is what your wanting to do, but what result does it give, problem it fixes? Keeping your swing on plane?

I have the problem with my RIGHT arm, I chicken wing it out sometimes.. I put a glove under it the other day and I was like a lazer. Felt funny, but controlling my right arm was the key to ditch the slices.

2.A good drill i suggested to EZ was get on your knees (stop it) get a club, grip down it, then make a backswing, this will restrict hip turn obviously and will shorten your arm swing and upper body coil, but when the backswing stops, that is your optimum swing length for arms and upper body coil, anything past that point in a normal swing would mean your turn is too much past your flexibility point, and your arms are losing connection with your body.

Makes sense... I've noticed doing that, I can't get much past parallel, before the tension in my body is tight.. I understand now the "disconnected" feeling, where I've lost the "pop" that I feel when I'm coiled fully.

Thanks.

If you are taking stuff from the masterclass book, may i suggest you try the first book, as this explains the premise behind the swings and the master class book re-affirms and breaks down in detail the study behind it.

Personally i dont think you should pigeon hole yourself into either, there is more than one way to skin the cat that is golf, and by setting yourself into a certain modality of swinging i think you may restrict your progress.

Getting back to your swing, there is a lot of extension in the early part of your golf swing this is at the expense of a natural wrist set whereby the weight of the club will set the angles naturally, by extending as much as you can you delay the set and because of this your right arm starts to creep behind you and this then sets the plane flat, your swing then lifts slightly but by this time your face is shut and your arms have swung too far, the dowswing is a great move but it is hampered by what has gone before, i am a great believer that what you put into your backswing is what your downswing will give you, so if you make bad moves back, there will be compensations coming down.

1. Work on the drill i suggested as it will get the takeaway more on line toi start and also encourage the correct shaft plane later in the backswing.

i am also a firm believer of this. that's why i'm worried more about my backswing than anything else right now.

thanks!

pardon my hijacking thread, and the ignorant question.

What does the glove do? I understand keeping it held between your body and arm is what your wanting to do, but what result does it give, problem it fixes? Keeping your swing on plane?

I have the problem with my RIGHT arm, I chicken wing it out sometimes.. I put a glove under it the other day and I was like a lazer. Felt funny, but controlling my right arm was the key to ditch the slices.

this keeps the right arm more connected during backswing. my right arm comes off of my chest way to much, making my right arm/backswing disconnected from the body.

padraig harrington does drill alot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520