• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

switching from 3iron to hybrid to fairway wood?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone here give up the 3 iron in favor of a hybrid only to then switch it up to a fairway wood?

for whatever reason, I've been hitting my woods pretty well this year and the Geek fairway thread got me thinking... anyone playing a 7 wood?

I can't believe I'm considering the very thing I used to tease my grandfather about...

most of the utility/hybrids are just smaller fairway woods anyway - and they're actually at lengths that would probably be what a fairway wood be

any thoughts?

I went from 3i to 7W to Hybrid now back to 7w. Not sure I see a real advantage to either. Right now I hit the 7w more consistently so it is in the bag, however I seem to hit the hybrids better in the beginning of the season when my swing is kinda rusty.

I just kinda go with the flow for what is currently working better, and right now that is the FW's. I would have no plans of giving up either, it is more a case of when I start to hit one poorly it provides a nice option to change up and usually works well to do so.

i went from 5w to 2i hybrid. i might possibly get 2i to switch it w/ hybrid depending on my mood.

i miss my 5w though.

All summer, I swore by my 2iron. It was all over the stick from 240, all day every day. Dropped that for a 5w. My 3I decided to piss me off once, So I bought a 7wood. I change out my clubs every day. EVERY day. Last week I played 1-PW, 52,56,60,Putter. Im strange.

I wouldn't go with a 7-wood over my hybrid, if only because the hybrid is so much more versatile.

I'm thrilled to hear someone else is thinking about this too! I'm debating about switching my 19* for a weak 5/strong 7 wood. I've always had a ton of confidence in my 23* hybrid but I'm now on my third 19* hybrid and it is still hot or cold (although the current one has been the best so far). Meanwhile, my 3W has become one of my favorite clubs in the bag and so that got me thinking about picking up a 19/20* fw wood.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520