• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tahiti Can Wait: Adam Hadwin Is Masters Bound

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score
ADAM HADWIN STUMBLED ON THE 16TH hole on Sunday but steadied himself with two pars to claim his first PGA Tour victory at the Valspar Championship in Palm Harbor, Florida. The Canadian edged Patrick Cantlay by a single shot and earned a spot in the Masters. The 29-year-old Hadwin finished with a 71 for a 14-under total of 270.

That's very good scoring on the tough Copperhead Course at Innisbrook Resort & Golf Club.

"I don’t know what to say right now," Hadwin told Golf Channel. "I fully expected Patrick to make that putt. As I said yesterday, I just wanted a chance to win coming up at the last. And I had that chance. I thought we were going to have to make birdies to win it. I'm just lucky that 1-footer wasn't 1.5 feet."

Cantlay hit his approach shot on the final hole into a bunker and made bogey. It was a disappointing finish to a surprising week. He was one of the last men to earn a spot into the Valspar field and made a courageous run at the title.

Hadwin will get married a week from Friday and adjust his honeymoon trip to Tahiti in order to make his first career appearance in the Masters. I expect his new bride will understand.

Source: Tahiti Can Wait: Adam Hadwin Is Masters Bound

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520