• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taylor Made R7 Draw - Anyone Tried This Yet?

gregfletch

Reaction score
I have the 580XD and like many folks I'm constantly fighting a slice. When I'm on it is a "power fade", when I'm off, it is in the woods. Never seen much of the left hand side of any course. This club seems to have about as much help as possible for folks like me.

I know, I know, clubs are not magic and I should be taking a bunch of lessons.... However, I'm able to play with my shot pattern, just wondering how much help this club really offers. There was an interesting article last year that said drivers with the latest types of slice fighting technology really do make a difference in the tests they ran...

Ideally, it would help.

Tests have shown a club like this would help about 50% of slicers out there. So...maybe. :D

If you can, find a local course that has one and demo it on the range. Or indoors with a launch monitor.

i hit one yesterday and all i can say is i hit 3 out of 3 fariways with it...

I tried one at the local golf store driving range. I could not hit a slice if I tried! I could fade it but generally it went dead straight or with a draw. Now hooking it, that is another story :)

I decided to get my little fancy in and try one, just for kicks.

Now, with my natural ballflight(lower with a nice ending draw) the draw got somewhat worse. With a purposeful strong draw, it was just...plain...nasty. :D

The good news is a conventional slice swing when pretty straight, good for you, bad for me.

I'll stick with my 460 and 425, but I think it's a good club for the natural slicer.

Thanks!

Thanks very much for the thoughts. It sure seems like a club that would offer about as much help as possible for a slicer (I mean fader :) ....

Wow! Great Results

Just to end the story.... Took it for a spin on an outdoor range where I could hit it and my old 580XD side by side. Seemed to make a big difference - maybe 10 - 15 yards inside where my normal ball flight would land. Went ahead and bought it. First round out I hit the first six fairways in a row! Later on I missed only three more, but those were pretty bad swings.... Best $$ I've ever spent on any club...

Awesome! Glad to hear it worked out for you.

This dude I know has an Adams driver in a draw and he swears he hasn't sliced a shot since he got it.

I have actually compared a neutral Adams to the draw-biased. My natural flight is slight fade, and when I don't release well, BIG slice. With the neutral weighted Adams, I had to be careful to make sure and release the club, or set up for a draw swing to go straight. With the draw-weighted, even when I purposely tried to slice it, on-center hits give a slight fade. Normal swing gives me dead straight to slight draw (and when I say dead straight, I mean launch monitor showed ZERO side spin...). So I completely agree that draw-biased heads will straighten you out if your tendency is to the right. Jeff, on the other hand, would become a hooker...:wow:

(of the golf ball)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427