• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TaylorMade Driver??

Deeooo

Reaction score
I am looking for a new driver and was considering the R7 draw, and the Burner draw from TM. I was looking at these because they are in my price range ($150) and have gotten good reviews. What does everyone think of these clubs? The Burner is priced slightly higher but is it worth it? I don't know of a place I can go and try these clubs out first.
Thanks for the help.

Do you have a driver at the moment? How do you hit it?

I have a Rawlings driver that came with my set. The whole set is Rawlings A.R.C. the driver has 10.5 and a midsized head, graphite shaft. I hit everything to the right side with it, if i am lucky its barely in the rough if not its in the tree's. I hit the ball around 250 i think not too sure. I tried a friends King cobra driver, not sure about its specs, and had pretty much the same result.

Taylor made draw 10.5* regular shaft. Try and hit it before you buy it.

Taylor made draw 10.5* regular shaft. Try and hit it before you buy it.
I hit my friend's (exact same specs) and I got a real high shot that did go left a bit. I overpowered that shaft pretty easily, and I'm not a big hitter.

But would you suggest the r7 draw or the Burner draw? Ill have to try and find some where that has demo clubs.

I hit my friend's (exact same specs) and I got a real high shot that did go left a bit. I overpowered that shaft pretty easily, and I'm not a big hitter.
I know what you mean I had a 9.5 and I hit it really high and... RIGHT. haha

I know what you mean I had a 9.5 and I hit it really high and... RIGHT. haha
Probably because you held the thing wide open so that the face was pointing down the middle of the fairway...:laugh:

That thing has one seriously closed face.

Really look at and consider an Adams A3. They say you can't buy a game, but with that purchase I went from hitting first to hitting last. Not as sexy as some, but for a slow swing type of guy, it's working so far.;)

Thanks for the replys. I do not want to go with used clubs. But I will keep the Adams A3 in mind. But has anyone hit both the burner and the r7?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520