• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Anser to my putting

Turkish

Jul 31, 2007
Just got the Anser 2 from GlobalGolf today. I love this thing! I was a bit worried after comparing more and more pictures of my putter vs the Anser 2 and seeing the similar features, but there is no comparison. Went out for 9 with my brother today, and the ball just jumps off the face of this thing. It's very easy to control, wonderfully balanced and got me 2 inches from my 2nd birdie off a 20 footer on the 4th hole with no practice on the putting green. Can't wait to practice more with it.

I'm definitely happy I bought this. Seems older than I thought, still has the 'Pat. Pending' on the back of the club, but it's in very good shape, few ball marks on the face and some gunk in the engraved 'PING' writing.

Thanks again for the hookup Robereno, I don't think I'll be worried about ordering a used club again. :D

:needpics:

Hehe, here you go, just a quick cell phone pic sent to my cousin. I'll take better ones tonight.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v334_behic_Image039.jpg

My cat wanted a piece of the action too. :D

The Anser I just got has also been the "anser" to MY putting. I'm back to putting pretty decent now. :D

That Redwood looks great! When I start making the big bucks I'll have to get something like that. For now, I don't think I could have beaten $40 shipped for this thing. I actually looked forward to putting. :D

That Redwood looks great! When I start making the big bucks I'll have to get something like that. For now, I don't think I could have beaten $40 shipped for this thing. I actually looked forward to putting. :D

There is no better putter for the money than a good-quality used Anser2.

Good pickup.

There is no better putter for the money than a good-quality used Anser2.

Good pickup.

I really have to get used to how the ball jumps off of the face of this thing compared to my old putter. Played today and missed a few par attempts (one on par 4, 2 on par 3s) pretty bad because of speed, over shooting it then promptly under shooting on the next shot. Practiced more after the 9 holes and started to sink them. Playing 18 tomorrow, can't wait!

This putter works best with a measured arms/shoulder stroke. If you get "handsy" you will have speed control issues. Firm up your wrists, and concentrate on swinging from the shoulders. Speed control should come from the length of your stroke, not from how "hard" or "fast" you hit the ball.

Players who use a soft-insert putter can get away with being more handsy, because the feel comes more from the "hit" and less from the "stroke".

Firm up your wrists, and concentrate on swinging from the shoulders. Speed control should come from the length of your stroke, not from how "hard" or "fast" you hit the ball.

I started to do this just before I took the pics. :D Kept the blade straighter through the stroke too, tried to not move my wrists and keep my shoulders / arms aligned throughout.

Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a classic, and is the SAME putter I have had in my bag for more than 20 years. Mine is Patent Pending as well, and has the same zip code, etc. as yours. I'm far from a Ping Expert... but I'd say you got your hands on a VERY old, and very wonderful putter.

I did a paint fill on mine when I was about 17 or 18, with a copper color. Thnking about changing it back to white, but not so sure. It's been there for more than a decade, so why change it?

I also added lead tape to the heel and toe, as I prefer a heavier feel.

But for the love of God.... get a new grip on that thing!! It will not truly be "new" or be "yours" until you regrip it. Anything by Winn will work beautifully!!

Welcome to the ancient Ping Anser 2 Club! Your membership card willl arrive in the mail after making your first birdie putt...... :laugh:

Ping Anser 2.jpg

Ping Anser 2 back.jpg

Ping Anser 2 Tape Job.jpg
Ping Anser 2.jpg
Ping Anser 2 back.jpg
Ping Anser 2 Tape Job.jpg

Turkish.... I am SO inspired right now.... me and the kids are off to the course (just 2 miles from the house) to roll a few on the practice green.....

Turkish.... I am SO inspired right now.... me and the kids are off to the course (just 2 miles from the house) to roll a few on the practice green.....

Glad I could help! :D

Played on some tough greens today, got the speed right more often than not, just gotta get the reads right, now. Couple times it'd go a bit past, but that bit would throw it downhill. :( I love the way it feels and handles though.

And yes, I will re-grip it. :)

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54