• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Hammers fall away

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Reaction score
Quite a match today between West Ham and Tottenham, I thought. I guess the Hammers on their way back out of the EPL.

oh ,oh i thought I was a sports fan but i have not a clue!!!!!!!!!l
lol I thought in the Great North you just had to "keep your stick on the ice". Even that sounds a bit nippy to me:)

I should let the Brits explain it, but I'm a football (soccer) fan, and watch whenever I can.

EPL (English Premier League) - Some of the best teams on the planet.

The Hammers are the team from West Ham.

The match was between West Ham and the Tottenham Hotspurs.

I though it was a really entertaining match. Hard fought all the way through, and three back and forth goals in the last ten minutes.

The "falling away" refers to the fact that this loss probably means that West Ham will be relegated to the "minors" next year. Unlike the NFL, or the NHL, whole teams can be kicked down from the Premier League to a lower tier. West Ham was promoted to the EPL in 2005, and had a good year last year. But it looks like they are "falling away" after yesterday's match.

Thanks for the info. I like soccer but am a passive fan but not as passive as a Cricket fan:) Falling away sounds harsh. This concept would up the competition for pro sports here in the states. No more free rides.

Impressive knowledge about soccer, can quote "Blazing Saddles" and play golf.
All good choices.

Thanks for the info. I like soccer but am a passive fan but not as passive as a Cricket fan:) Falling away sounds harsh. This concept would up the competition for pro sports here in the states. No more free rides.

Impressive knowledge about soccer, can quote "Blazing Saddles" and play golf.
All good choices.

Thanks - I'm proud of the first two. Still not sure whther the third is true or not...:laugh:

Cricket? What that?

Cricket is a form of baseball where you can play and drink GIN and TONICS at the same time. Like darts.:)

You know a baseball game is slow enough now you also could drink G&T between pitches.:laugh: You can do this in baseball for 3+1/2 hours ---Cricket 4 days or a long weekend.

Cricket is a form of baseball where you can play and drink GIN and TONICS at the same time. Like darts.:)

You know a baseball game is slow enough now you also could drink G&T between pitches.:laugh: You can do this in baseball for 3+1/2 hours ---Cricket 4 days or a long weekend.

I like it...I like it. Gotta' learn this Cricket thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520