• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Masters 2016 Discussion Thread

Well, it leaves us with some stuff to think about

1. Spieth is not a one time wonder as we were discussing he other day
2. Anything can happen in golf. That's why it's so exciting (how were the bets on Spieth doing a quadruple bogey in Las Vegas? I'm sure something like 1M to 1)
3. D Johnson should be very happy. No one will remember his chocking on the US Open from now on. The Quad-Bogey will be the new Point to compare chocking in the future
4. No one counted on Lee Westwood but it seems he always finds a way to be second third or something in the top 10. I'd love to see him win a mayor
5. There is a lot of golf to be played this year! What an awesome group of new players we have on!

3. D Johnson should be very happy. No one will remember his chocking on the US Open from now on. The Quad-Bogey will be the new Point to compare chocking in the future

It will take some doing to displace Greg Norman as the all time meltdown Maestro.

Many have tried of late ... Rory at the 2011 Masters, Scott at the 2012 Open Championship and yes, DJ at 2 different US Opens ... but it's always Norman that the talking heads bring up for comparison.

At least nobody's talking about Ernie's 6 putt today.

5 Englishmen in the top 10! Whohadthunkit?

On reflection, in years to come the 2016 Masters will be remembered by Speith's Quad on 12. That will be the perennial voxpop when the leader stands on the 12th tee. "Well this is it, remember when Speith made 7, you just can't relax!"

Once again it shows the magic of Augusta and Amen Corner. I have always said the Masters doesn't really begin under the leading grounds go through Amen Cormer on Sunday afternoon. Speith went +4, Willett went -1 over those three holes, a 5 shot swing in three holes. Where else does that happen?

10th wife or 10th baby?
At age 28, I assume on the 10th of April. He wouldn't had money for clubs or airfare if he'd been through 9 divorces!!!
And, it was their first kid.

Did read something this past week where a lowlife in England had something like 14 kids at age 26.... and hadn't married any of the "ladies", paid any support for the kids, or had a job. The court had ordered community service but he had not done that since "his back hurt". So, the judge was considering locking him up for a while. I don't think his last name was Willett, though.

12970845_1163335467023401_4078088027934383069_o.jpg

Awkward. :oops:

I thought I saw a graphic that said Willet's win was an exact copy of someone else like 30 years ago... scores, shots back, and even the caddie's bib number. Crazy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520