• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Players - Sawgrass

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Will the new Board be hosting constests/pools for the major championships? Will The Players be considered "major" enough to have a contest?

Seems The Players gets significant viewing, all because of #17. Do you normally watch The Players? Is #17 the "draw" that gets you to turn on the television?

Will the time between The Masters and The Players be spent, by a well-known touring pro, learning to kick his 9-iron straighter? By the time The Players rolls around, will he be able to kick it from the tee box to the green... clearing the water? Or, will he use a different club? He did seem under-clubbed a bit when he drop kicked the 9-iron. Probably should have gone with the 8!!

For me its a good tournament while I am waiting for one of the Majors. I put it in the same class as the WGC events. Not above, not below and certainly not a Major, even a 5th one.

For me its a good tournament while I am waiting for one of the Majors. I put it in the same class as the WGC events. Not above, not below and certainly not a Major, even a 5th one.

That's how I feel about it too Jim. I certainly don't feel like it should be called the 5th Major. It doesn't peak my interest any more than this weeks tournament at Quail Hollow. When there is a strong field...I watch

That's how I feel about it too Jim. I certainly don't feel like it should be called the 5th Major. It doesn't peak my interest any more than this weeks tournament at Quail Hollow. When there is a strong field...I watch

I actually prefer watching Quail Hollow, I like the look of that course more! That and I am not a fan of NBC's coverage, which is where I think the Players's is. If CBS could get the Pro Tracer that would be perfect.

Ok, I'll ask: which 3? For me, it would be The Masters, The Open, and The US Open.
I'd have to agree. The PGA has never, in my mind, been anything more than just another tourney. The WGC Match Play or The Players holds more interest for me than the PGA. In fact, I'd almost as soon watch the Tucson tourney where all the drunks act like idiots on #16 than the PGA.

I'd have to agree. The PGA has never, in my mind, been anything more than just another tourney. The WGC Match Play or The Players holds more interest for me than the PGA. In fact, I'd almost as soon watch the Tucson tourney where all the drunks act like idiots on #16 than the PGA.

That's the Phoenix Open.

Just goes to show how peopel all have different midsets, I think for the last few years the PGA has been one of the most exciting to watch!

Just goes to show how peopel all have different midsets, I think for the last few years the PGA has been one of the most exciting to watch!

I think so too Jim. For me it's all these young kids playing on tour that have loads of talent. It's like we're starting to see the Tiger effect. McIlroy, Day and Fowler all grew up with TW posters on their walls, dreaming of being like him. Now they're beating him like a drum.

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodehene1