• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

A little chilly this morning.
winter in tucson.jpg

Last edited:
We got my son an acoustic guitar with a plug-in amp for Christmas. He planning on playing gigs in the new year, while he studies music in Glasgow University. He's now got a play-list of 28 songs and played most of them for us on Christmas Day when all the family were there (his first "unofficial gig"). He's getting really good. I must try and record some stuff, he's even written a few pieces!

Live music is cool!

I've been at bars with live music. It's fine...got nothing against live music.

I couldn't possibly think of a worse place to be than Woodstock though....if I go to hell, that's what my hell will be.

Who'm I kidding...I'm definitely going to hell.
Well I guess if your idea of a concert is either a bar band or Woodstock, I can see why you wouldn't want to go to a show. But with so many levels in between those two extremes, you really are missing out on possibly great experiences.

Example: you won't see this in a bar or at Woodstock... it's nicely in between

Rush:
upload_2019-1-3_7-29-32.png

Panic! At The Disco:
upload_2019-1-3_7-30-22.png

And one final thing - I assume you've been to a Packers game? Pro sporting events are worse (full of assholes) than any show I've ever been to, but you just can't beat live events.

Well I guess if your idea of a concert is either a bar band or Woodstock, I can see why you wouldn't want to go to a show. But with so many levels in between those two extremes, you really are missing out on possibly great experiences.

Example: you won't see this in a bar or at Woodstock... it's nicely in between

Rush:
View attachment 31040

Panic! At The Disco:
View attachment 31041

And one final thing - I assume you've been to a Packers game? Pro sporting events are worse (full of assholes) than any show I've ever been to, but you just can't beat live events.

I've never been to a packer game. We go to 2-5 brewer games a year usually. Not personally a fan of large sporting events either. Any place where I'm stuck in an area with thousands of people just bugs me. I do it...but it takes away from the experience so I avoid them.

My wife really enjoys concerts though...so I'll probably be finding a good one to take her to for our 10 year. Take a trip to somewhere we've never been and explore.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I've never been to a packer game. We go to 2-5 brewer games a year usually. Not personally a fan of large sporting events either. Any place where I'm stuck in an area with thousands of people just bugs me. I do it...but it takes away from the experience so I avoid them.

My wife really enjoys concerts though...so I'll probably be finding a good one to take her to for our 10 year. Take a trip to somewhere we've never been and explore.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I hear Nashville is nice for music events ;)

This is true, I've never been to Nashville..
If you ever go, make time to each one meal at Monell's!! Family style dining where they bring big bowls of food, set it on the table, and you begin passing it around. You will meet the folks seated at your table but won't have a lot of time to talk because you will be eating the wonderful food until you can barely walk out of the place. At really neat family experience!!

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?