• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This may be a bit bizarre

Rockford35 said:
I can't remember the course we played. It had a gator on 13....does that help?:D

I remember my drives being at least 40 yards longer down there too because there is ZERO grass on the fairways. Drives just kept going and going. My dad hit a topped 3 iron from 230 and sunk it for a birdie because the damn ball just kept rolling and rolling.

I never did figure out those greens.

"The water is there, so why is the ball breaking away from the water, uphill? Oh right, because Sea World is that way."

R35

Until it rained the other day, I was getting some monster drives on the burned out fairways as we had been essentially rain free for a few months. The drought apparently pissed off the gators though, there have been 3 people killed by gators in the last week or so all over the state.

The Bermuda greens do get some unusual breaks as the grain does not grow consistantly in one direction so most rules of thumb about breaking towards the water or towards the setting sun do not seem to work. When in doubt, putt it towards the middle of the hole and pray :D

ualtim said:
When in doubt, putt it towards the middle of the hole and pray :D

Hey jackass, I'm a golfer, I know how to putt! You don't have to give me lessons. :D

R35

Different, sure. Bizarre? Nah.

Now this is bizarre.....
clock.jpg

Farquod said:
Different, sure. Bizarre? Nah.

Now this is bizarre.....
attachment.php

Agreed. There's no ladder to get up there.

Farq,

Where do you park your scooter in that thing?

R35

Rockford35 said:
Hey jackass, I'm a golfer, I know how to putt! You don't have to give me lessons. :D

R35

Took a little time off and recharged the blasters did we?

Loop said:
Agreed. There's no ladder to get up there.

Yep, that first step is a killer....

Rocky35 said:
Where do you park your scooter in that thing?

I give it to the cart girl. She's got a lotta junk in the trunk. ;)

GolfingElectrician said:
Where abouts in FLA do you live Ualtim?
Orlando. just north of the Kissimmee border near the Mouse's house.

Great shots, Bravo! Kind of make me a bit jealous as we do not have too many elevation changes down here in Florida. It looks to be well worth the $100. How was the food?

Great pics,looks like a great day out.In the Uk we have strong winds and driving rain,so you are lucky over there.

One small point,teh last picture,you hit a 5 iron 'into the right rough'.....................there isn't any rough in the picture and the picture has about 40 yards of space to the right,so come on,admit you shanked it:)

ualtim said:
Great shots, Bravo! Kind of make me a bit jealous as we do not have too many elevation changes down here in Florida. It looks to be well worth the $100. How was the food?

The food was pretty good. At lunch they had a small buffet that included a cold pasta/sun dried tomato salad or burgers. The beverage cart had the usual crackers, granola bars and gatoraide...

dave. said:
Great pics,looks like a great day out.In the Uk we have strong winds and driving rain,so you are lucky over there.

One small point,teh last picture,you hit a 5 iron 'into the right rough'.....................there isn't any rough in the picture and the picture has about 40 yards of space to the right,so come on,admit you shanked it:)

dave: I played so poorly with my irons, I might as well have shanked it. It was actually only about 12 feet from the edge of the green but I failed to get up and down. My short game is just horrible now...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520