• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods: 'I'm Playing in the Masters'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Back. (Allison)​
TIGER WOODS ANNOUNCED HIS RETURN to tournament golf on Friday. Tiger's statement from TigerWoods.com:
"I'm playing in the Masters," Tiger said Friday afternoon. "It's obviously very important to me, and I want to be there.
"I've worked a lot on my game and I'm looking forward to competing. I'm excited to get to Augusta and I appreciate everyone's support."

Source: Tiger Woods: 'I'm Playing in the Masters'

The Masters has just confirmed for the first time in history there will be two sets of rules. (They still refuse to admit two sets of rules were already in effect since a player was not disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard.) Tiger Woods is noted for his many stellar chips shots and putts as he has negotiated Augusta National over the years. That ability... that crowd aweing resume' has led The Masters to offer Woods that anything from 10 FT off a green is an automatic up and down. "From that distance, we all know Tiger will never take more than two shots. We understand this may penalize Woods, since history says he can make many of these from 10 FT off the green. To give the rest of the field a chance, Tiger has respectfully agreed to simply pick up and count it as two shots from anywhere on or around the greens. This negotiation also negated Tiger's threat to litigate if we didn't offer him a set of forward tees to protect his back from additional injury attempting to keep up with today's long hitters."

This will be interesting...

Top 5? That is very bold. What odds is Vegas giving?

The Masters has just confirmed for the first time in history there will be two sets of rules. (They still refuse to admit two sets of rules were already in effect since a player was not disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard.) Tiger Woods is noted for his many stellar chips shots and putts as he has negotiated Augusta National over the years. That ability... that crowd aweing resume' has led The Masters to offer Woods that anything from 10 FT off a green is an automatic up and down. "From that distance, we all know Tiger will never take more than two shots. We understand this may penalize Woods, since history says he can make many of these from 10 FT off the green. To give the rest of the field a chance, Tiger has respectfully agreed to simply pick up and count it as two shots from anywhere on or around the greens. This negotiation also negated Tiger's threat to litigate if we didn't offer him a set of forward tees to protect his back from additional injury attempting to keep up with today's long hitters."

Sounds like the regular rules of a foursome I used to play with..........:rolleyes:

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54