• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist Speeder

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
So I am thinking about getting a Titleist 905T with a speeder shaft in it, the one by Titleist. I was reading the specs on their website and it seems like a decent shaft...does anybody have any experience with it? My other option is the V2 shaft which I really liked, just not sure. Any thoughts would be appreciated...

I'm not so sure about Titleist's 'speeder', or indeed Nike's Mitsi Diamana, etc. Churned out of the factory and not the high-grade "real" ones of their kind, imo.

I quite like the V2 myself...

• Staff
I quite like the V2 myself...

So do I, everybody says you need a monster Swing speed to handle it. I actually thought it played a little softer than the Graf Blue Stiff that i had been playing....

I hit a V2 just fine. If you look on tour there's all kinds of them and most don't swing that hard. I wouldn't let that scare you away.

The Titty speeder is the deadest feeling shaft I have ever hit. The V2 is a far, far better shaft.

I like the shaft, it is a slightly softer tip then a 757, probably due to the weight of the shaft. The V2 I thought had no response to it, but that is just me and if you like swinging a lead pipe around then the V2 is for you, and this is coming from someone who swings a X-Stiff tipped 757.

I have a 905T w/ Titleist speeder if your interested BigJim

I hit a V2 just fine. If you look on tour there's all kinds of them and most don't swing that hard. I wouldn't let that scare you away.

Probs playing the 85g X flex....

I liked it in the 905R myself. If I ever strayed from Taylormade that would be the one, 905R 10.5 w/Speeder S..... Dang, now I'm thinking about it.
icon10.gif

So I am thinking about getting a Titleist 905T with a speeder shaft in it, the one by Titleist. I was reading the specs on their website and it seems like a decent shaft...does anybody have any experience with it? My other option is the V2 shaft which I really liked, just not sure. Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Had the 975JVS w/Titty Speeder for about a season and a half... loved the club. When the 983K's came out, traded up for one with the Titty Speeder. That club stayed in the bag for a couple of seasons and should have stayed longer!!! Fought a 905T w/NV65, a G2 w/NV65, a 510TP w/757, and an R7... and nothing felt as good as the Titty Speeder... to me. Probably should have gone back, but found this X460 Tour w/Fuji Tour Platform and now have driver love back in my life.

A little about my swing and how/why I believe the shaft worked for me. I just turned 60 years old. Too old, too fat, bad knees, bad back (wanna play for quarters?) but I am blessed with the ability to still hit the ball well beyond most of my playing partners. I will consistently drive the ball 255 to 270 off the tee. For my age, I'll take that! I have a "hitch" at the top of my swing. Some liken it to Furyk, but it's more like Ray Floyd. That hitch requres a shaft with a pretty firm tip. Otherwise, I can feel the head "wobbling" at the initiation of the downswing. The Titty Speeder, and now the Tour Platform, eliminate any twisting/wobbling. Yet, I can feel the shaft load and release.

It is difficult to quantify a shaft's characterisics and how it will fit your swing. Shafts have become so unique to the dynamics of a specific swing. Try to find one to demo. I loved the shaft. The demand for the shaft has been consistent w/Titleist. That, though, in no means would guarantee the shaft would work as well for you.

I had both the real Speeder 757 and the Titleist Speeder. The Titleist Speeder works out better for me.

anything tip stiff in a titleist is going to play very stiff, between the bore-through and the long hozle you are looking at 4" of the shaft being tipped compared to the 2-3" in most clubs. This is why titleist had fujikura manufacture them a speeder that had a softer tip.

since the V2's are tip stiff it is going to play like a 2x4 in a titleist.

LOL...

Sure 120 mph isn't hard :)

Guaranteed those are X Flex AND tipped

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781