• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Two man better ball strategy

I am playing in a 2 man best ball on Sat. We are both 9 caps. Our plan is to play as aggressively as possible, hope we get lucky and drink a bunch of beers.

I might stay up until 4am on Friday... I seem to remember that working out to my advantage before :D

"Brother in law" When one of you has a bad score on a hole hope that the other has a good score on the same hole.

This never works out for me and my partner. We always screw up the same holes for some reason. Maybe its the "shotgun a beer after a birdie plan"

One safe one aggresive is the way most think they should play this format but in reality the best way to play best ball is allways give yourself two shots at birdie. The european's have been playing that way at the Ryder Cup for years. When you have two balls in play there is a lot less pressure.

When I look for a partner in two man events I pick the buddie who keeps it on track and gives himeself a lot of chances at birdie because you may score well at best ball but you don't want a crooked player for alternate shot.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54