• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Two things most people have never done. :)

I did the divot in the carpet thing at work one night. Our office was set up in the corner of a big open warehouse. We didn't use the warehouse, just the office. One night I was sitting there trying to stay awake, I kept looking at the high ceiling and decided I could open the door of the office that led out into the warehouse, use the carpet as a hitting mat, and hit balls into the uncovered insulation on the walls of the warehouse. The warehouse had really high ceilings like a gymnasium.

So the next night I bring my clubs and a big bag of shag balls to work with me. Once I had all my paperwork done I decide its time to have some fun, work on my swing, and stay awake the rest of the night. Started off with a bunch of wedge shots, other than all the bouncing when the balls landed on the concrete floor, everything is going along great. So I decide to hit a few easy 9 irons into the wall. About 20 balls later and I'm having a blast.

Man, this was a great idea I had I'm thinking! Lets hit some 5 irons !!!! Bad idea, about 10 balls later I take a huge divot out of the carpet, Oh $hit !!!!

Throw the clubs back in the truck and go gather up all the balls while I figure out how I'm going to explain to my boss how the divot got in the carpet. But when I get out in the warehouse and start picking up the balls, it seems a bunch are missing? WTF, they couldn't have just disappeared? Finally after scouring the entire warehouse and still not finding them I looked up at the wall I was hitting into. Sure enough, there a these holes in the insulation where the balls entered, never to return.

The next morning when the sun came up I went around back of the warehouse and there are all these dents in the siding, from the inside going out, Rut roh Raggey !!!! When I walk back around I see my bosses truck sitting there, *gulp*, as I walk in the door he is standing there looking at the divot. He saw the look on my face and busted out laughing, and told me to go buy a small area rug to put over it as our Area Manager was on his way for his monthly visit.

Nobody ever noticed the holes in the insulation thank goodness and we moved the office to a smaller/safer location not long after that, :emot-ange

This thread is priceless. For those of you that have holes in your walls due to clubs/balls...like I had in my last place...try chipping balls into the hole. You lose them forever, but it's fun to try.

I won't chip real balls around my house. I have stained concrete floors, and it's like hitting onto the smoothest cart path you've ever seen. :) Thats why I get those planned members bounces.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking