• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Utah State Amateur

utahgolf

Just Getting Started
Reaction score
On Monday I qualified for a spot in the Utah State Amateur finals in July. I had to shoot 73 in pretty windy conditions.Its going to be a great experience and if I reach match play it could get interesting. This is actually the first time I have ever tried to qualify for the event so I am 1 for 1. Haha...

Just thought I would share

Congratulations on the accomplishment, and good luck moving forward through the competition.

congrats! Major accomplishment. I'd like to qualify for our state am some year. I've never even tried, as in early June my game just doesn't seem to be on :(

That's a major achievment. Good luck.

My one foray into Georgia State Golf Association tournaments left a permanent scar. :(

Thanks guys. I am really excited to get going and make it to match play. There are alot of great players that qualified so its going to be a lot of work to make it to match play. Which weas my goal from the beginning.

It's obvious you've got the game, man. Just use your head. No doubt in my mind you have the ability to shoot par, so trust that. Don't try to play shots you aren't comfortable with. Play a hole for bogey if it's just set up against the way you play and try for a birdie later on a hole that suits your game better. Just think out the hole before you hit your tee shot. Make sure you want driver. If the pin is in the center of the green on a 350 yard hole, don't go driver. Go 3W or less so you have a smooth, full swing right at the pin.

And good luck! Hopefully it doesn't come down to luck, but-- just in case.

It's obvious you've got the game, man. Just use your head. No doubt in my mind you have the ability to shoot par, so trust that. Don't try to play shots you aren't comfortable with. Play a hole for bogey if it's just set up against the way you play and try for a birdie later on a hole that suits your game better. Just think out the hole before you hit your tee shot. Make sure you want driver. If the pin is in the center of the green on a 350 yard hole, don't go driver. Go 3W or less so you have a smooth, full swing right at the pin.

And good luck! Hopefully it doesn't come down to luck, but-- just in case.

Thats exactly my thoughts going into it. To just play my game and hopefully get into match play, which is a great format for me. Im really looking forward to it.

Congrats! I wana see your name next to a 10 & 8 victory in the first round of match play!

I have my prov. amateur qualifier next weekend. although the way i played in a local event this weekend i'll be lucky to break 80 next weekend, let alone qualify.

ps, its extremely hard to play golf not even a week after getting hit by a car:laugh:.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520