What? Did I just win a PGA Tour event???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the heck??? Unshaven.... No logo on his hat... No logo on his shirt... Shirt doesn't fit like he just walked out of People Magazine... Didn't see any logo on his bag. This just CANNOT happen!!!!!

Who the heck is Ryan Moore?? Yep! I know he won the U.S. Amateur a few years ago. But, every touring pro makes his money off endorsements... not off purses. Where are this kid's endorsements? How does this kid put food on the table?? What is a "plain Jane" like Moore doing on the course... let alone fighting for a win in a playoff??

About the only thing I identified was his Cameron putter. Other than that, this kid is about as bland as you can get. He's the epitome of a weekend hacker... a young flat-belly... that might show up at the local muni. In fact, with no OEM logo emblazened across his hat... with no OEM logo plastered on his bag... with hair and beard unkept... there are quite a number of upscale courses where he would be turned away at the gate.

Personally, I can relate much better to the Stadler side of the playoff! The "rotund" appearance of Kevin... and before him, Craig... fits much better with the characteristics that have plagued me over the years. I, certainly, had no favorite between Stadler and Moore as they dueled in the sun. For either to have the opportunity to win his first on the PGA circuit was fun to watch.

The announcers said Moore's win gives him an automatic invite to the Masters. Wonder if he'll drive down Magnolia Lane with no visible endorsements??

Another exciting end to a PGA event.

since he was doing so well, his swing was put under the announcers microscope so i really got to see how unusual it is. it's as strange as Furyk's, and his feet are SO open at address. this guy is loaded with uniqueness.

About time my new favorite player has won a tourney!!! My best friend and I got the chance to meet Ryan at the The Players Championship this year, get his autograph, and talk to him after his first round. I have been following him all year, hoping he would win a small tourney like this.... His Top 10 at the U.S. Open this year was almost invisible and it pissed me off when the announcers made fun of him on the last round. (They were talking about how he looked like a Locomotive Engineer.)

As for his "Sponsors" - He had the same bag at TPC Sawgrass, but was wearing the Puma C-Hoppers, which look like a pair of Airwalks or DC skater shoes. We asked him to show us his cleats and there are 5 green cleats on each shoe, but he did not wear those Pumas today. I know in past pics, he wore a Ping Ranger Hat. (He may have been sponsored by Ping back then.) I didnt get the chance to see what clubs he played with at TPC, but I will catch them next year.

By the way, he has already played in the 2005 Masters as an Amateur and shot under par as the High Amateur that year. I know when the Golf Channel shows any of the 2005 "Road to Tiger's 1 million Masters Wins", they show a few shots by Ryan and talk about his Amateur status. No beard at that time and very young looking.....

Again, Congrats to Ryan Moore!! And Congrats to CBS - for making sure to all but give the win to Sergio or Stadler. I think they forgot about the other 100 or so players that had a chance in the tourney......

His Swing is very "Weekend Hackerish" -- But his set-up takes forever. Today, he looked like he was in a hurry. At the The Players, I went to get a hotdog between his set-up and swing. I will never forget the look on Rocca Mediate's face when he played with Ryan on the first round of the The Players.

Kinda looked like this :biglol:

I was ready to hear Rocco yell "Hurry Up!!"

I think he looks like a jackass... buy a shirt and some pants that fit. Sorry dude.. you're "thin".. but by no means are you skinny enough to be wearing tight clothes!! If I can see the exact shape of your belly and man-boobs it's too tight! Buy some golf shoes that don't look like surfer loafers, and give Fidel Castro his hat back. Pick up an endorsement from Super-Cuts and Gillette.

I thought he was already tied up with endorsements. Ping clubs & he is the flag bearer for Oakley golf clothes. It's the whole Oakley theme that gives him the urban youth look.

i just read he dumped Ping as a sponsor quite a few months ago. why, i don't know?

He's one of those people that go against the grain of society. We like to call them "hipsters".

Fags is more like it.

I think its kind of crazy for him not to have any endorsements and I am sure he missed out on a lot of funds from them with this win. I am curious as to what kind of statement he is trying to make. Maybe he has too much money. Maybe he doesn't like the pressure of trying to win so that he can make a company look good.

I think its kind of crazy for him not to have any endorsements and I am sure he missed out on a lot of funds from them with this win. I am curious as to what kind of statement he is trying to make. Maybe he has too much money. Maybe he doesn't like the pressure of trying to win so that he can make a company look good.

Or maybe he likes to be free to choose what ever equiptment suits his game and gives him a better chance of winning? No tie up with an OEM means he can try all the irons, drivers, wedges and putters he likes and use the ones he likes best rather than be limited to just his OEMs clubs weather they suit him or not. Strange concept for those who would sell there soul to the devil I suppose?

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamrichard
Back