• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who is going to win the Masters this Year?

Who is going to win the 2006 Masters?

• Tiger Woods

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Phil Mickelson

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Vijay Singh

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Ernie Els

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Retief Goosen

• Davis Love III

• David Toms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris DiMarco

• Segio Garcia

• Field Bet (someone other than those listed above)

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is a sure bet Adam Scott won't. Knock on wood!

Apparently no love for David Toms and Sergio. TW still the favorite followed by the field.

I think TW will win it again. He still isn't playing his best golf and he looks damn good. I would love for DL3 to win it but don't see it happening.

Just a reminder. This poll closes on April 6th before the masters starts. Could be an upset in the making if TW decides to withdraw.

I'll go with Segio. His brother Sergio ain't got a shot, tho. :D

Farquod said:
I'll go with Segio. His brother Sergio ain't got a shot, tho. :D

Doh! Thats what I get for growing up in Massachusetts. We tend to forget the "R" a bit.

I woulda said Tiger a month or two ago, but now with his dad being really sick I think he might not even play. I dunno. So if you take Tiger out of the picture I am going to go with Vijay. I would like to see Sergio win it, but his putting just isn't "clutch" enough... does that make sense?

David Toms is not getting the love, I guess.

I am starting to think that Tiger's mind is not going to be on golf the next few weeks with his Dad taking a turn for the worse. He is still my pick, but I am starting to think that Mr. Goosen is starting to look like a good 2nd choice.

Poll closes on Thursday at 11:50AM East Coast time (1550Z for you UTC fans)

I was kind of expecting a late rush for Phil after the Bellsouth, but it looks like Tiger is going off as the favorite (big surprise, huh?)

I can't see Phil putting another good week together. Goosen is always a threat, Sergio can't putt. I would never bet against Tiger......

The results are in:

1) Tiger
2) The Field
3) Vijay
4) Phil
5) Everyone else
6) David Toms with no votes.

Should be a fun weekend!

2 out of 34 shottalkers were right. Almost 50% of us got destroyed by some mediocre putting by TW. I am not going to call it poor putting as he was rolling the ball well, he just was missing his reads by an inch or two.

ualtim said:
2 out of 34 shottalkers were right. Almost 50% of us got destroyed by some mediocre putting by TW. I am not going to call it poor putting as he was rolling the ball well, he just was missing his reads by an inch or two.

FYI -

In a post-game interview, TW was asked if mis-reads were the cause of his poor putting.

He said, "I don't mis-read these greens, my stroke was just way off...I pulled putts, I pushed putts, I hit too hard, I hit too soft."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520