• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will Tiger win the grand slam?

figjam

I read an article where Tiger has come out and said he likes his chances of wining a calender year grand slam this year. He likes the courses and said he feels like it is a possibility.

I think he has at least one calender year grand slam in him but would have thought next years courses would have suited him better.

I think this year is a really good shot. The US open is probably the toughest and it's at the same course he's playing at right now. He's played that course as much as we have played our home courses, knows it very well. Plus his swing is looking very good and nobody else is looking all that great right now. Furyk and Mickelson seem like they are both starting to reach the latter side of "prime" form and Tiger is hitting his peak. Guys like Els and Singh are like 2 years past Phil and Furyk. I don't know if he'll do it but he seems to think it's realistic and probably thinking this is his best shot play, course and competition wise to get it done. Not that most don't already think so but if he does pull it off, there can no longer even be a question of him being the best ever.

I don't think it'll happen. Too many others with the talent to step up for a major. I predict at least one, maybe two first time major winners this year. Tiger will get 2 max.

I'd put the odds of Eldrick Woods winning any one of the majors at 1 in 2. Statistically, wouldn't that make his chances of the true Grand Slam 1 in 16?

Of course, if he doesn't win at Augusta, all is moot.

If Tiger says that he thinks it is possible, I wouldn't doubt that it is a possibility.

He never guaranteed that he would do it, just said that it was a possibility this season. If he didn't think that he could win every tournament that he plays he wouldn't be as dominant as he is.

I think the statistics show, Tiger has about a 30% chance of winning any tournament. Bump that to 40% if the courses suit him and he has about a 1 in 40 (2.56%) chance to win all 4 majors. Certainly less than 10%. That said. I like his chances to do it once in his career.

If there is anyone who has it in them to win a GS, Tiger is the man. I would agree with Tiger in believing that it is possible for him to do it, but it ain't going to be easy.

I think Tiger could win the grand slam. He's got the Masters and the US Open (cause its at Torrey Pines) for sure. I definitely going to predict it on fantazsports.com.

As for the other tournaments, I'll see how he's playing in tournaments before. Those crazy brits might have something up their sleeves.

I don't know about the Masters for Tiger. I think over the last couple years his putting isn't quite as sharp as it used to be and Augusta can hurt him if his putting is off a little. last year he was in a perfect position to get it done but had an uncharacteristically bad day with the putter and got pipped. Same thing happened at the US Open.

From a ball striking perspective Tiger is better than ever (his 17 GIR on the Saturday of the US Open was unbelieveable), but he hasn't taken advantage of it on the greens.

Personally I hope he gets it done this year and cements his place as the greatest player ever, but to win all four is a huge ask. But in 1986 Norman led all majors going into Sunday for his Saturday Slam so it's possible to peak for all 4. And if Tiger goes into Sunday of a major in the lead he wins.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?