• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Woman's World Cup

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Reaction score
USA vs Germany in the semi's. Time to lay down another WWI and WWII type beat down.

j8o92u49di8f9qpos0te.gif

giphy.gif

I know there are no soccer fans here, especially women's soccer, but today's win is big. Both of Germany's teams (men and women) are ranked #1 and America beat them both this year. The men beat them in Germany for the first time. Biggest win on German soil since 1945.

Watched some at the pub tonight. It was OK...was still nil nil when I left to head home.

Lots of people into it though.

I know there are no soccer fans here, especially women's soccer, but today's win is big. Both of Germany's teams (men and women) are ranked #1 and America beat them both this year. The men beat them in Germany for the first time. Biggest win on German soil since 1945.
Hate to be a party pooper, but aren't they in Canada?

My country had a big interest in it until our team was beaten in the quarter finals. F*%$king Japanese.

478801980.jpg

I hope Japan beats England. Give us a chance for revenge for the last WC.
England beat themselves with like a minute left.

So, the US beat Germany and will face Japan in the finals. Seems like I've heard this scenario play out before... :D

England beat themselves with like a minute left.

So, the US beat Germany and will face Japan in the finals. Seems like I've heard this scenario play out before... :D
I saw that. That chick has gotta feel like crap today.

Don't know anything about soccer. Do know this bunch of girls played their hearts out to get the wins needed to hoist the trophy. Lots of good "Rah! Rah!" coverage for 4th of July weekend.

Abby Wambach sprinted to find her wife in the stands after winning World Cup - SBNation.com

I did see the above article. Not going to take it political. This was a huge win for the USA and ShotTalk is not the place for political commentary. What I do notice, after this article and the past week, is that we are living in a different world than when I grew up. Wow! So did our parents and our grandparents. We've seen significant changes in our culture during our lifetime. Shoot! Great grandparents would have been upset if they saw a lady in slacks. Grandparents had difficulty understanding why a woman would drive a car or hold a job out of the home. Yes, times have changed.... generation after generation after generation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520