• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

World Golf Salutes King Bhumibol skins tournament - 8 Nov 2010

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who said that golf was over for the year?

aweb.tigerwoods.com_image_2010_10_07_CkzmPz76.jpg

In celebration of "His Majesty the King's 84th birthday and 60th year of his succession to the throne" TigerWoods, Thai Thongchai Jaidee, England's Paul Casey and Colombian, Camilo Villegas will be teeing it up at a skins tournament in Thailand on Nov 8.

"It will be held at the Amata Spring Country Club in Chonburi, a seaside province southeast of Bangkok, and comes the day after the HSBC Champions tournament in Shanghai."

World Golf Salutes King Bhumibol

I think the title takes the cake as the most verbose tournament name.

Tiger's schmoozing for some golf course design work in Thailand.

"Can I get a ruling on the elephant footprints on the green please?"

"Can I get a ruling on the elephant footprints on the green please?"
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are taking the caddying a bit too far!
"What do you think this putt does Dumbo, left to right?"

*bump*

Tiger hops a plane from China for a short flight to Thailand today to play the skins. From memory, I think this would be his first skins tournament. Looking at the participants, they're probably not the most charismatic to be playing skins, perhaps with the exception of Thai Thongchai Jaidee, given where it's being played.

Prize purse

King Boom-e-ball? You can't make this stuff up. :)

p1-tiger-mon_298x478.jpg

I was wondering how Tiger would do in the Skins. Not good, was the answer. Tiger struggles in Thailand skins event

Apparently, Villegas won the most skins & Tiger bagged only one.

Next stop for Tiger - JBWere Masters in Melbourne as the defending champion.

skins are tough to win, lot of luck involved. you know with 4 pros shooting there's going to be a lot of ties per hole, then someone gets a break and snatches 1/2 dozen of them with one putt. that's why there's almost always a tie breaking situation at the end of 18.

skins are tough to win, lot of luck involved. you know with 4 pros shooting there's going to be a lot of ties per hole, then someone gets a break and snatches 1/2 dozen of them with one putt. that's why there's almost always a tie breaking situation at the end of 18.

Tell me about it. My Tour Championship is next week. There will be a skins only round on Monday, followed by the 2 day tourney, with a skins pot on each tourney day as well.

Somebody will make a nice pile of change, but it probably won't be me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520