• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTS Cleveland Launcher

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Reaction score
Hey guys. I built this club as a back-up, but I learned that I have the opportunity to purchase back an old driver that is near and dear to my heart, so I will not be needing this one. I bought this head from Mike here on the board. It is the last of the the last generation Cleveland Launchers, the thin crown with the newer sole graphics. It is in 10.5 degree trim, and I have it shafted with an Aldila DVS-55 in stiff flex. The shaft was tipped 1 inch to stiffen it up a little bit. It plays currently to 44 inches, but I can extend it up to 45.5 if you would like. The headcover is included, and is in nice shape.

This baby is very solid. I was impressed by the feel and sound of the head. One of the best feeling big heads I've hit. This is a higher launching head, so it would be perfect if you need to increase your launch a little bit.

The head is nearly perfect, as is the shaft. I will check it over tonight to make sure. I can say that the ferrule is slightly apart from the hosel. I seated the ferrule before installing the shim, so there is a miniscule gap. Like 1/64th. Thought I should mention it. I will get some pics up today or tomorrow. Thinking $75 shipped CONUS. Thanks! Jon

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520