• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

X Forged I stand corrected

ezra76

Reaction score
Hit them at the shop with PX 6.0's. I take back all I said about them looking like shovels, ect. MP-60's and 695CB's are the only OEM's at the same level IMO. I'd honestly have to play these over the Mizzy's and Titty's, especially if those shafts were at no upcharge.

It pains me to say it but Callaway has the premier OEM CB on the market right now.

I didn't really like them all that much. They felt dead and lazy to me.

However, i will be quick to point out that these had S300's in them as a custom option (they were used). I don't like those shafts, lifeless and terrible.

I'll have to regive these a try with the PX.

R35

I just thought they were ok,didn't like the Project Xs in them,prefer the S300s.Nothing special imo,just solid clubs.I hit them back to back against Hogan blades and the Hogans battered them totally

I just thought they were ok,didn't like the Project Xs in them,prefer the S300s.Nothing special imo,just solid clubs.I hit them back to back against Hogan blades and the Hogans battered them totally

Well, just comparing them to other CB's I liked them a lot. This also comes after hitting over 100 balls with my Miura's at the range too. I thought they felt pretty darn good and very minimal offset. R7TP irons seemed to sit less squared up and I liked the Cally's a lot better.

I also hit an FT-3 tour off the used rack with an NVS. It was a draw bias. I liked that club too. Got a kick out of the little "swingmate" distance meter. 220 with the driver and 135 with the 7iron. How I get 110yds. more out of that combination on the course is beyond me.
icon10.gif
I like the guy who works there who swears it's accurate. I'd love to play with him and see him scratch his head as my 5W outdrives him. lol.

I love them, the feel, the forgiveness, the distance, the trajectory, my worst finish in 5 tournaments since getting them is 4th, including a win...

Hit them at the shop with PX 6.0's. I take back all I said about them looking like shovels, ect. MP-60's and 695CB's are the only OEM's at the same level IMO. I'd honestly have to play these over the Mizzy's and Titty's, especially if those shafts were at no upcharge.

It pains me to say it but Callaway has the premier OEM CB on the market right now.

Happy days, dude - if they're good enough for you they're good enough for me. I have just ordered a set off ebay without even *hitting* them first, you see. :D I trust Ely and his band of workers, though :D

The ones I got are Japanese forged as opposed to a retail set, so perhaps these feel better. Got standard Project X. I too hate S300's. Am surprised you (and many, many others) like them, in fact, Dave....!

Happy days, dude - if they're good enough for you they're good enough for me. I have just ordered a set off ebay without even *hitting* them first, you see. :D I trust Ely and his band of workers, though :D

The ones I got are Japanese forged as opposed to a retail set, so perhaps these feel better. Got standard Project X. I too hate S300's. Am surprised you (and many, many others) like them, in fact, Dave....!

Let me know how you get on with those, I'd have some in a flash but I love my X14 PS, maybe next year when they're a little cheaper and my X14's are a little more worn. (trying to justify it already)

If you liked TM '04 RAC CB's you'll like these. What on the S300's? I don't like them, don't even own one in anything. Nippons bud, Nippons.
icon10.gif
I don't know how S300's are supposed to be low launch, I hit the 690MB's I had with them way, way higher than my Miuras. In fact the 6i was higher than my Miura 9iron.

Let me know how you get on with those, I'd have some in a flash but I love my X14 PS, maybe next year when they're a little cheaper and my X14's are a little more worn. (trying to justify it already)

They are a totally different animal. I've hit X-14's. These new ones are just as player geared CB's as the 695's and the MP-60's. Similar to the R7TP's but forged with better shafts.

How do theey compare to the TM MB TPs in terms of feel Ezra...?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520