• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yes Putters any good ?

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious about Yes Putters. I have seen Bobby Clampett on TV saying how great they are, but I don't know anyone who plays with one. Any comments or advice would be great. I am new here and will be using your expertise all winter to update by golf bag with a new putter, driver and hybrid. Any help would be great.:confused:

I have a 34" Yes! Tracy that I have played for about a year. The putter is good, but my stroke is not. I have just switched 2 weeks ago to a belly putter and I am doing better. Thinking of changing the Yes! Tracy to a belly length.

All depends on what you like. I tried one out but couldnt find one that had the appearance I was looking for so I passed on it.

I have a 34" Yes! Tracy that I have played for about a year. The putter is good, but my stroke is not. I have just switched 2 weeks ago to a belly putter and I am doing better. Thinking of changing the Yes! Tracy to a belly length.

I'll buy it off you and you can buy a belly.
icon10.gif
That's the one I want for next year if I switch. Sweet stick and just made for my stroke.

I’ve read that the C grooves on the YES! putter don’t help at all. They Actually impart MORE backspin.

Can't quote a source so I don’t know how creditable that statement is.

But, there was a scientific test conducted to gather this data.

And besides..I think they all look like crap.

I love the feel of them, but as Demon said, yet to find one that really fits my eye (only reason i dont have one). The Tracy is the one i'd get, but its too box-y looking and the edges are too sharp imo.

Great putters though, TCG, whered you hear they impart more backspin? I have a lot of doubt agaisnt that statement.

Great putters though, TCG, whered you hear they impart more backspin? I have a lot of doubt agaisnt that statement.

I'm not sure. Might have been on TGC.

Or maybe GR..in which case you should pay no attention to my comment.:)

Come to think of it, maybe I forgot to take my little white pills this morning.:(

See signature...I really enjoy mine and would highly recommend it to anyone.

i have the marilyn (2 actually?!, that's the ho in me!!) - nice putter i can tell you... definitely doesn't impart backspin - gets a nice roll going towards the hole

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520