• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

YG Pro-am

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
I have nothing better to do right now, so i'll start this up, tomorrow i get to play in the Mr. Goodcents Jr. Pro-Am, today i get a call saying that i'm playing with a guy named Rodger Davis, I surfed the internet
heres what I found, hopefully the link comes up.

http://www.europeantour.com/players/bio.sps?iPlayerNo=49

The packets that I have received via mail have said that we would be playing in a scramble format. I figure that'll mean me and this guy scramble against other pros and kids, I watched this tournament last year and it didn't go anything like this. Anyway, this is being played at a Nicklaus course called Lionsgate, only course around here by him. from what i've heard seems to be more of a links style course, which i'm not accostomed (spelling) to, everyone talks about the wind when it comes to this course,

....to be continued... with pictures hopefully...

Wow thats a lot of pressure being teamed up with a pro for a tourney...but don't let me get to you. Should be fun, can't wait to see the pictures.

Oh, and keep your head down.

Rosmo said:
Wow thats a lot of pressure being teamed up with a pro for a tourney...but don't let me get to you. Should be fun, can't wait to see the pictures.

Oh, and keep your head down.
Pressure? Only if Dad is watching, eh YG? ;)

Good luck, man!

bdcrowe said:
Pressure? Only if Dad is watching, eh YG? ;)

Good luck, man!

I think the real problem is that contract that dad made him sign.

Have fun YG.

good thing i'm just now reading these after i'm done golfing, anyway headed out today, beautiful practice facility they had there, first warmed with some balls and hit the putting clock, nothing really to go into... then we get a short clinic from Tom Watson, was basically the fundamentals grip stance ..... yadda yadda, then we head out, turns out we basically play four kids to a pro, playing in a scramble, the pro pretty much played his own practice round type thing while the kids played the scramble but it was all good, Rodger Davis was a real good guy, (awesome accent, gotta love those aussies), took time to give me some tips about how i had some slice trouble and a couple of thinned, basically played terrible for my standard but was still the best kid in my group by far, i think Rodger was like -8 on our nine holes, the man is automatic from 120 in... i layed out several nice iron shots including a pitching wedge from 110 to about four feet, that was inside Rodger's, anyway, then we had lunch, it was crowded but we were able to squeeze in Jim Thorpe's table, got his autograph, he was a real standup guy too, really nice and kinda down to earth. after lunch went to see this Chuck the Hitman Hiter trick shot show (my second time seeing it) his routine hasn't changed but he doesn't fail to impress. and then, we left to close out a good day,

I'll photo shop my pics and have them up in the pictures section in a while

How did you do on 16. Thats the one that got me when I played there.

It sounds like it was a great experience for you. Keep it up and we will be watching you on tv soon.

not positive if i played it or not, we only played nine holes, the thing is they switched the nines around for the tourney for some reason,

if i remember correctly, and if the corresponding holes are correct, then theres bunkers littering the middle and right side of the fairway, huge deep bunker to the right of the green, around 400 yards long, ?

if so i didn't do well at all, that was my starting hole , lets just say i got off to a bad start if thats the hole

i tried to load the pics but apparently my mom didn't know how to work the camera right, i doubt any good pics would've been there, sucks, my sister was supposed to come but ended up enrolling for a summer class last minute and had class today.

That is the one. I hate that hole!

I am glad you had a good time. Where do you usually play?

that course is tremendously out of my league, i usually play a local smaller easier course called tomahawk hills, i'll try to pull up a link , yeah this lionsgate is definitely in the top 5 courses in the KC area. anything i play will be nothing close to a course of this caliber, i only play one or two courses in the area, otherwise, we go out into the country and play little nine hole places

ok, me and my family are having trouble, the local newspaper sent out a guide in sundays paper that goes through pro by pro and little tidbits of info and whatnot, the list my guy as "noted with a tendency to wear plus fours" what the hell are plus fours? thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?