• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2 New Clubs on the way!!!

PingZing2

Can you HACK it?
Reaction score
I just placed my first order with Global Golf. I have a MP-R black nickle 52 mint cond. and a Vokey Chrome SM 56 vg cond. inbound. I was looking on ebay (hate trying to buy clubs off of there) and the prices for these with shipping were approaching retail prices for used clubs. GG has that free shipping promo so figured for the price I had to give them a shot. $160 total.

:miz: :smilie_ti

Now I have to make a decision on the driver situation. In the last 8 months, I had a Cobra F speed (liked the head, the Aldila NV had a little to high launch angle, not sure why), Cleveland Launcher Comp (head was OK, absolutely hate the Pro Launch shafts), and the Callaway 460X (very forgiving and I like the feel, but I get no roll and seemed to have lost 10-15 yards in carry distance).

Looking at the R7 425 TP, FT-5, or order one of the DCT's from Lyle (so far those seem very interesting

Which Callaway X460 did you try? I picked up a X460 Tour 'bout a year ago. It has the Fuji Tour Platform shaft. This has been a godsend. Excellent distance. Good roll when the ball hits the ground. Playing partner picked up an X460, not the Tour. This has the "standard" Fuji shaft. Not anywhere near the same club, in my opinion... just due to the shaft.

Also, WBL still swears by the Rapture. Might want to take his "Rapture Challenge"!!!!!

Nice pickups. I'd recommend giving the regular R7425 a shot too. It's a really good driver. Like the original Quad with larger sweet spot. They are also plent workable. I'm too inconsistant and the heads too workable to handle the TP's. Plus my miss is right so .5* to 1* shut is a good thing for me.

I had both the Callaway X460 Tour and the TM 460 TP. Both great clubs, but the TM is far more forgiving. Even though the TM is a TP, it is not square. Maybe more closed than the X460 Tour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was the standard X460. Does the TM or X Tour either one have a square face.

It was the standard X460. Does the TM or X Tour either one have a square face.

The X Tour and the 460 TP are supposed to be square, but it they look closed compared to a R580XD TP.

Hey PingZing, thanks for giving us a try, if anything is not to your liking let me know!! if not enjoy the new sticks!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey PingZing, thanks for giving us a try, if anything is not to your liking let me know!! if not enjoy the new sticks!!

I can't wait to get them, I am hoping they will be here by Saturday but either way excited to get them.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back