• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

76 today...

nixdad

Reaction score
with a triple and a couple of three putts. Kinda pissed me off, when I know it could have easily been a 72 or better.

Oh well, until next round. I'll just keep on practicing at the club.

I have always hit a high ball. With this set up, it seems to be right on. It has a very boring trajectory. If I tee it up with about 3/4 of the ball above the face of the club, I can launch it pretty high, with the wind.

Today, on a short par 4 hole measuring 290, I broke out the driver and tee'd it high. I aimed at a spot left of the green to cut it in. Well, I hit it perfectly on the line I wanted with a cut. Damn thing landed on the green 20 feet from the hole!

There aren't many guys that hit the driver as high as I do, so it's a gamble if you're thinking of the 7.5. If you hit a high ball, go for it!

I know how you feel. I won our 1st big comp of the season on Saturday with a 75 in tough conditions, should be pleased with it but it could have easily been a sub 70 round. I was -1 for 16 holes and 5 over for the other two (Doubled 10, Trebled 13). I also managed to turn a 10 foot Birdie chance into a Bogey and missed about another 3 putts from within 5ft that were pretty straight forward.....but down to 5.8 now and theres always next week :D

I've got no business with a 7.5*. Was just curious, on account of the fact that I've never seen anything less than 8* in person.

I could probably get away with a 7.5 if I was hitting the ball well. I hit a 9 degree ping with a X-stiff shaft and I hit the ball pretty damn high.

76, great round

my buddy has a 7.5 driver,...I cant hit it but he can.

Thanks!

The 7.5 is good for me. It's obviously not for everyone.

Went to Golfsmith today to hit some drivers. The ones that impressed me most was the Cobra Speeder Pro w/Fujikura shaft, The Tittleist D2 and the Ping G10. I also tried the Cleveland XLS, but couldn't get past the sound. I do have to say, that of the above listed drivers, the Ping felt slightly better than the rest. I am going to my range tomorrow to test drive the Ping again. The club has all the different set ups for the G10 driver.

I did hit one of the used clubs they had on the rack. That was the R7 425 TP. Damn nice felling club too. Was $109 with an Aldila 75, or something like that, shaft.

If I like what I test tomorrow, I'll probably pick one up.

Thanks!

The 7.5 is good for me. It's obviously not for everyone.

Went to Golfsmith today to hit some drivers. The ones that impressed me most was the Cobra Speeder Pro w/Fujikura shaft, The Tittleist D2 and the Ping G10. I also tried the Cleveland XLS, but couldn't get past the sound. I do have to say, that of the above listed drivers, the Ping felt slightly better than the rest. I am going to my range tomorrow to test drive the Ping again. The club has all the different set ups for the G10 driver.

I did hit one of the used clubs they had on the rack. That was the R7 425 TP. Damn nice felling club too. Was $109 with an Aldila 75, or something like that, shaft.

If I like what I test tomorrow, I'll probably pick one up.
I think the R7 425 is a very sweet head. Matched with a good shaft it's tough to beat.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520