• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Smokin' Ho'!!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
Reaction score
So I've been staring.. and I've hit them in the stores, and hit a 6i at the course the other week.. I sold a few clubs, and an old set of Ping irons sitting in the closet, and this week I got some new clubs.

Got a TM Burner 3 Rescue the other day, it's a beast for me. Can't figure out why I didn't get one sooner. Benched the r7 5 wood for good..

Anyways.. I'm a ho' and I can't help it.. Got a killer deal on these irons, and bought them sight unseen, and only by the trust in a seller and the references. Brand spanking new, still in the box from TM. Not ever removed, stickers/plastic still on the faces. The irons have the best weighting I think. A good bit heavier than my CB's, and so fluid feeling.
These look so good, I'm tempted to get some iron headcovers for when I go off roading over the hills and fairways and creeks at the course..
Going to take these to get a custom fitting..

I have the 2005 RAC TP CB's, and took comparison pictures!

2008 RAC TP Smoke MB 3-PW, 6.0 Rifles

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_Taylormade_20Smoke_20Irons_IMG_1198.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_Taylormade_20Smoke_20Irons_IMG_1199.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_Taylormade_20Smoke_20Irons_IMG_1202.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_Taylormade_20Smoke_20Irons_IMG_1206.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_Taylormade_20Smoke_20Irons_IMG_1205.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_Taylormade_20Smoke_20Irons_IMG_1204.jpg

Here is the whole bag as it will be this weekend!

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_Taylormade_20Smoke_20Irons_IMG_1207_1.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_Taylormade_20Smoke_20Irons_IMG_1208_1.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_Taylormade_20Smoke_20Irons_IMG_1209_1.jpg

First off, I sincerely hope you die. My biggest regret was not snagging up a set of these before leaving my job. Second, get yourself some Z Smoke wedges.

They really are gorgeous clubs. Almost sinful to want to swing them into the ground. I think I might refrain from destroying them at the ranges, like I've done to clubs in the past. Maybe only use them at the nice course ranges that have nice white prov1's for range balls, not sandy, beat to hell, busted open, dimple-less used to be called golf balls.

I've been told they are some what limited, but since they've been out for under 3 months retail, and TM is out of the smoke heads at the moment, who knows with them. They still have the satin MB's they sell, which I think are equally as nice looking.

I like the Z wedges, but I'll probably wait on them. I drill my

You have to pick up those wedges. I get compliments everytime I play with someone new. Your bag would look sick with those.

I picked up the 52,56,60 on wrx for 150. Still had plastic on the heads.

You dropping the 3 iron or the hybrid when you play?

Thats a steal on those wedges. For that price, I'd grab them. At the retail $120 a pop, I'd almost spend more on the 3 wedges than I did for the iron set up.

I'm going to try the 3i out a little, but I'll probably drop it.. I'm not real long with my 3i, and to be honest, my hybrid is a 19*, and more like a wood than an iron replacement. I'd keep it in the bag until I found something else to smear the gap I'd make.

The irons are just sexy. However, like a fit set of boobies.. They might have to be covered up when we go out in public and play. :)

yea you just need those z smoke wedges and a spider putter!!!!

aren't the Z TP wedges becoming illegal on the groove changes? Isn't it 2011? I'm just deciding whether to get Vokeys or the TM's...

Thanks.

I'm gonna stick with the wedges. They work for me great.. I don't really want to get all the smoke irons/wedges... But who knows.

I have enough trouble grabbing a club too quickly.. Hell the other day, I was rushing.. grabbed my 9 iron for long 175 yard shot.. When I meant to grab my 6 iron.

Shoulda seen the look on my face when it lobbed up and didn't go near what I was looking to get... I can just see me grabbing a wedge when I need an iron.

Those are absolutely beautiful, I love the smoke look. If only I could hit something like that.

aren't the Z TP wedges becoming illegal on the groove changes? Isn't it 2011? I'm just deciding whether to get Vokeys or the TM's...

Being a member of this website I seriously doubt you'll have those wedges in 3 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520