• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adams A3OS Driver

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Reaction score
After about 5 rounds with this club I like it more each time.

It's a 10.5 degree with stock Aldila DVS 55-R shaft, and Adams makes 'em 46" long. They promote this model as for "slower swing speed player who wants extra distance as well as the golfer who is trying to eliminate a slice to gain those extra yards" and don't lie. I've picked up an easy 20 yards of carry and am hitting more fairways. The big face doesn't punish you on off center strikes, but the 46" shaft does make it tougher to hit the center. I'll probably chop an inch off the butt when I get a round tuit.

At address the head is big, and the offset doesn't really blow my skirt up but I can get over that because it works for me. It's not really square, more along the lines of squarish. This setup helps my slice problem and it seems that I've discovered that there is a left side of fairways after all.

Manipulating the magnetic clamshell cover is a pain in the ass, but if I really cared I'd use something else. The sole of the club is painted and will probably wear off pretty soon, but again that's a minor annoyance and as they say it doesn't affect the performance.

I've already hit a career drive - 336 yards measured with my skycaddie. I hit it well, and we couldn't see it down but I knew it was a bomb so I clicked the button to mark the distance. We were looking around about 275 when one of the guys said "is that a ball by the green", and there I was. I have no idea how that happened because I can't hit a ball that far, but it was a nice surprise.

Better distance, straighter, more confidence...it's a winner for this fat old man. You bombers ought to check out the non-OS version of this beast. It's not as sexy as some of the sticks out there, but it'll put the ball in the short grass on down the track.

I just e-bayed up the 3-wood version.:thumbs up:

Glad to hear you've found a driver that seems to fit you so well. 336? Wow, that is quite a bomb there, congrats.

Glad to hear you've found a driver that seems to fit you so well. 336? Wow, that is quite a bomb there, congrats.

I had to have hit a sprinkler head or something to get that, I can guarantee that I don't swing 120mph.

But the driver is still vagi-pubic.:)

I had to have hit a sprinkler head or something to get that, I can guarantee that I don't swing 120mph.

But the driver is still vagi-pubic.:)

wirehair

I know what you mean. I hit one four years ago 326 right in front of the green but I can't do that. It MUST have hit a rock and took off or something. Still makes you feel good though. :)

Nice review homeslice.

Good write up. My girlfriend ordered a 12.5* ladies version on Ebay with the 25% sale for 140 shipped, she really liked it when she hit it at PGA superstore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520