• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Advice on new clubs

werditgo

Reaction score
Getting ready to upgrade my irons to try and help with my game. I'm about 60 to 70% on my irons, as far as good, solid contact. I'm going to spend anywhere from 400 to 700 on the new set. I've demo'ed the X-20's, Big Bertha's, Cobra Fp's, and Nike Slingshot a couple of times each. First time, swore I was getting the Cobra's(felt the best), second time the X-20's(felt the best). Any thoughts on which of these sets my be my best choice as far as forgiveness and growth as I'm probably gonna have these for a long time. Don't really like the feel of hybrid irons either.

Welcome to Shot Talk. :)

As far as iron selection goes, it sound like your not totally enthralled with the super game improvement irons (Big Bertha/Slingshot) and are looking for more of a game improvement iron. I an not all that familiar with the Cobra line up, but if you like the X20 you should be getting some good game improvement features with a more traditional head shape.

The real question of which irons will suit you best comes down to performance. While good feel is a great quality to have in your irons, if you can not hit them where you want to consistantly they do not help you at all. What kind of ball flight are you getting with the X-20 and Cobras? Too low, too high, too far left, or too far right? If your getting consistant, predictable, and acceptable ball flight from multiple sets of irons, then you can narrow down your choice to feel.

ualtim

Look for Wilson staffs Irons as well. I think they are quite nice looking and perform greatl without looking lie a super game improvement iron.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520