• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

• I may break the images on the site including avatars, Please give me a hour or less I am trying to get all images hosted off server. If it looks broke that because I am working on it.

Am I the only one?

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Reaction score
Last month, I got a stand bag to carry my clubs now that my shoulder is well enough to take the strain like that, and I liked how using it I could quickly walk across the green to set my bag down on the side towards the next tee, without having to go around the perimeter using the pull cart.

But I've noticed in the odd couple of pics of stand bags that many seem to put their drivers and woods on the strap side, and then put their wedges and all on the opposite side.

I go the other way, I put my wedges on the strap side and the driver goes down on the bottom side, mostly because I like how it makes the clubheads leave an almost horizontal looking plane to the ground.

Obviously, there is no really right way or anything, but I'm just wondering why others, like Sling in his bag picture, put their clubs the way they did. Was it because you saw others doing it that way? Was it just because it seemed right to you without having observed it consciously before by other players?

See, here's Sling's bag:

P1010072.JPG

I put my clubs in the opposite way.

That's am Ogio bag with the woode system, the wood compartment is arranged on the side like that.

The cat, well, let's just try not to piss him off. ;)

I see. That makes sense that some bags might have a predetermined style of setup.

I tried idly one evening reversing the clubs in my bag, and I didn't like them that way. For some reason I like it when I'm standing over the bag to have all the clubheads coming to near the same level.

RBB:

I am like you. I want to be able to see all the clubs in one visual sweep.

That is why I went to the Woode system like Sling. It's superb and I can tell in one quick look where all the clubs are and if one is missing. I am pretty bad about leaving a wedge around the green..

I know you have already made a decision on a new bag though...

Bravo said:
RBB:

I am like you. I want to be able to see all the clubs in one visual sweep.

That is why I went to the Woode system like Sling. It's superb and I can tell in one quick look where all the clubs are and if one is missing. I am pretty bad about leaving a wedge around the green..

I know you have already made a decision on a new bag though...
Not if the Ogios only sell those bags with the Woode system on the "wrong side" like that. I'd have to find one with the system on the proper side, the bottom. :D

I think the most obvious reason for having the tall clubs at the top when walking is so that the edges of your short irons doesn't clatter away at your expensive graphite shafts in your woods.

EnglishGolfer said:
I think the most obvious reason for having the tall clubs at the top when walking is so that the edges of your short irons doesn't clatter away at your expensive graphite shafts in your woods.
That might be a good point. Time put socks on top the irons.

EnglishGolfer said:

That is why the Woode system is designed as it is. It protects your shafts while keeping everything organized.

I walk about half the time and have the double strap on my Ogio bag as well. Once the bag is on both of your shoulders, the clubs never interfere with your arms as you walk...it is a very comfortable design.

And I also really like the rubber 'cart/buggy strap' which prevents your bag from torqueing around in the back of your electric cart/buggy whist riding...

I love the Woode system, outside of what has been mentioned it also allows you to easily keep a hand on your irons so they do not clank around. With the woods on the bottom the longer clubs and headcovers are below and do no seperate or settle as easily. I have tried both methods, and I Even set up my Sun Mountain Cart bag to resemble the Woode, it works great in a cart with 2 bags to seperate the cart off and protect clubs. I think the only reason the woods in the bottom may serve a better purpose is that the bottom Club slots are usually bigger and more easily accomodate the woods.

After you have a Woode you will want nothing less :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420