• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another Nickent question

zaphod

Reaction score
Hey since you guys resolved my last query so quickly------Has anyone hit and played both the 3dx and 4dx ironwood versions?

I've hit sssmokins and WBL 3dx hybrids and they were GREAT. A more boring trajectory than my NIKE.

Comments about stock shafts also? UST SR3 vs V2 shaft or reshaft with another? What is resolved is I'm not going to shim from a 0.335 to 0.370. I don't mind 1 step but 2???? So this kicks out some shaft choices.

I have the 3DX. I love it! I am told that the stock shaft plays weaker than most. I use an NV, so I can't speak to it. WBL has hit them.

sssmokin has nv shaft on his 3dx and it performed well. Believe WBL had sr2 Again good. I hit them once one month apart. I have trouble remembering what I ate for breakfast today

I have an NV-90 that I pulled from one of my Exotics ironwoods. It works great in the Exotics head. Its sitting in my garage if you want it.

thanks Clugnut

will keep in mind as I decide. Tip dia??

both the 3dx and 4dx are fantastic.

ball just seemed to marshmallow on the face then take off. good strong ballflight....(note, all this was on launch monitor, but according to launch angle and spin rates it really was good)

I had my pick of the two at work and thought the 4dx looked better so i ordered one of those...wouldn't hesitate to play a 3dx though.

My 23° 4h 3DX Ironwood DC came with the SR2 shaft, my 26° came with the V2 shaft. There is no comparison. After 2 months I had the 23° reshafted with the V2.

When you say "no comparison" what was the #1 performance characteristic that led you to the V2. I've got a Driver ss of 106mph. My typical ball flight is high. To quote Yogi Berra's son, Dale "Are our similarities different?"

My driver swing speed is 95-102mph, my ball flight is mid.

The SR2 shaft was all over the place: left, right, high, low. The V2 shaft is much more consistent.

Looking at the rest of your bag I think the V2 would be a good match for me.

thanks Clugnut

will keep in mind as I decide. Tip dia??

.370. BTW, my driver SS is 105-110, and this hybrid shaft works perfect for me. 225-230 off the tee, straight down the middle, all day long. Its beautiful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520