Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
If I find the secret I’ll let you know but I did get another training air - the skilz orange whip so far swinging in the house I can see how this will help stretch, tempo and see what I am doing with my hands.

I think what I am doing is when backswing and my hands rotate I’m not getting them released at the ball.

Tough to stop the "gotta swing outta my shoes" with the driver in hand. Julius Boros wrote a book that was published in the early 50's. I don't remember much from the book, other than the title. "Swing Easy. Hit Hard". When I swing too hard, it's tough to find fairways. I'll try to repeat that to me... You dummy! Swing east! Hit hard!
Tough to stop that with every club. 😄

When I have my 6 month lay offs between rounds of golf, this is the first issue I need to solve when playing again. It’s still creeps back in mid round and by the time I resolve it again, I am into another 6 month layoff. 😄

Stack and tilt works (that's what Seguta teaches) but it kills my back.

The other day on the range I tried modifying my grip into more of a Moe Norman style with the clubs more in my palms than in my fingers and found that my ball flight became more consistent. It took my hands out of the swing a bit more which resulted in straighter more consistent shot heights. I tend to hit the ball on a really high trajectory as I believe I am flipping my hands adding loft at impact which is murder on getting consistent trajectory/distances.

Hopefully I can continue this experiment and see if I can finally find a solution to my problem rather than a 50 swing bandaid which eventually falls off.

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamrichard
Back