• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone else gone through this?

I working on different avatar's..Trying to remember how to do it. How do you like this one?

What do you do too move it L to R or R to L?

That one's weak. But that's coming from a dog lover. :D

Right to left, i use an inside out downswing and make sure to stay on top of the ball, finishing high. This probably makes no sense to you, but it's my way to think about hitting a draw. (DaveE can attest, it sometimes doesn't work for the 4 iron these days. Ugh...)

For left to right, I set up about 5 yards left of the pin and finish lower, keeping my hands from rolling over. This usually results in a nice fade for me.

Keep in mind, this is for irons only. I hit my fairways and driver much differently.

R35

Except the big dog at the top. :D

Don't listen to these heretics, Youngun5. Be proud that you are a golfer who uses the same types of clubs as Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Tommy Armour, and a couple of other guys.

My criteria for selecting irons is simple: the lowest possible offset, thin topline and sole, and it has to be pretty.

Go for the bling.

Heresy breeds from idleness!(Saying from a game)

It's sort of true though. Anyway, I'm the one with Rock's 33s(thanks Rock and Sling), and absolutely love them.

I've had them for what...2 months now? They are great irons, solid, easily workable and easy to hit straight if I want.

However, if you feel you can get more out of a mix(690CBs, MP-60s), then it's worth a shot.

This probably makes no sense to you, but it's my way to think about hitting a draw. (DaveE can attest, it sometimes doesn't work for the 4 iron these days. Ugh...)

R35

Still thinking about #6 huh? :)

well i took them out today, along with the remnants of my Tight Lies tour set, the tight lies offer nothing over the blades at all.....but i do believe a different CB would suit me much better, i just don't have the consistency day in-day out to really enjoy blades like they should be enjoyed....however the blades stay in the bag for now, for now meaning until i rack up some $..... got a bad blister today anyway, so i doubt i'm swinging anything for at least a week.

if anyone has a set of Cleveland TA2s or the Original TM RAC LTs lying around lemme know...

Bad blister from what? Your grip? If so, you're gripping the club WAY too hard.

R35

That one's weak. But that's coming from a dog lover. :D

Right to left, i use an inside out downswing and make sure to stay on top of the ball, finishing high. This probably makes no sense to you, but it's my way to think about hitting a draw. (DaveE can attest, it sometimes doesn't work for the 4 iron these days. Ugh...)

For left to right, I set up about 5 yards left of the pin and finish lower, keeping my hands from rolling over. This usually results in a nice fade for me.

Keep in mind, this is for irons only. I hit my fairways and driver much differently.

R35

I sure would like to see you swing. I'm just getting comfortable with my swing...

The cat... I got him 13 yrs ago.. I wasn't a cat fan at the time. Now I am.

Only because Pooky thinks I'm cool...:D

glove had a hole.....i thought i could get away with it.....guess not.

Even then, try loosening it a bit. I can't count the number of times I've forgotten my glove and had to play without, never got a blister. Just some food for thought, anyway.

i never play with a glove and never get blisters at all... Have a solid calice on my left ring finger, cant even poke a needle through it:p

I just dont have any feel when i wear a glove for some reason... personal preference...

I never wear a glove from about 130 in, all my wedges once told me don't wear a glove or we're sending it into the rough.

I never wear a glove from about 130 in, all my wedges once told me don't wear a glove or we're sending it into the rough.

Huh, same with me. I take my glove off as I walk to the ball if I'm hitting inside 110 or so. Never with a wedge or putter in hand. Probably does nothing but it's a psychological thing. What do you copy everything I do?
icon10.gif

i never play with a glove and never get blisters at all... Have a solid calice on my left ring finger, cant even poke a needle through it:p

I just dont have any feel when i wear a glove for some reason... personal preference...

It's so strange, hey? I even putt with my glove on, only because I always have ever since I was a little kid and probably didn't know any better.

Now if I grab a putter (even at the pro shop), I still need a glove or i'm lost. The shop loves me taking new gloves out of the packages just to "try this thing out". :D

R35

I stopped taking my glove off a few years ago because, simply, it's just a pain in the ass. Take it off, put it on, take it off, put it on. Yech. Kind of like playing with an umbrella. It's just chaos on a rainy day.

Open the umbrella walk to ball, close the umbrella, set it down, hit the ball, pick up the umbrella, open the umbrella, walk to green, set umbrella down, take off glove, store glove, pick umbrella up, read the putt, close umbrella, set it down, take putter cover off, set it down, putt, mark, Pick up umbrella, open umbrella, wait, read putt, close umbrella, set it down, putt, pick up ball, put on headcover, find glove, put on glove, pick up umbrella, open umbrella, pick up bag, walk to next tee. Chaos.

I know a guy who plays with two garden gloves on year round. We call him garden gloves. He takes them off to putt though.

Rockford35 said: I even putt with my glove on, only because I always have ever since I was a little kid and probably didn't know any better.

I thought I was the only one that putted with his glove on. I can't find any advantage to taking it off so just leave it on most of the time. My big hamhock hands have no feeling in them anyway (hitting too many makiwari boards in Karate).

Huh, same with me. I take my glove off as I walk to the ball if I'm hitting inside 110 or so. Never with a wedge or putter in hand. Probably does nothing but it's a psychological thing. What do you copy everything I do?
icon10.gif

Oh Ezra, you know you are my hero.

Actually it started not at all, but I noticed I get a better feel on my approach shots(especially for draws and fades) without the glove on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520