• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

anyone had...

SCGolfer

Reaction score
gall bladder removal done?? I am going in on friday morning to have an exploratory procedure with a camera including taking out my gall bladder if nothing else is found. I have been sick since july and getting worse since august. I did get out for a round this past friday since I don't plan on playing anymore until spring. Got the med bills piling up and to pile on someone stole my wife's purse and plowed through my bank account before the card got shut off. Ready to end this year and start fresh.

Jason

Its a very easy procedure, it takes about half an hour and you only see three little scars around your abdomen. Don't worry. Its not more complicated than a manicure...

Laparascopy has definitely made some procedures easier on the patient than the old school laparotomy.

Wait how would you know that?

Anyway, goodluck! I've heard it's pretty easy.

Because I've performed as the assistant surgeon about 100 of those in my life. And I get a manicure every week or two, so I can compare them both :D

I hear the next day is worse than the day....but I will atleast be able to sit around and watch college football the entire day. Really no different than any other saturday.

Jason

I hear the next day is worse than the day....but I will atleast be able to sit around and watch college football the entire day. Really no different than any other saturday.

Jason

The only recommendation is about food. Try to eat as low fat as possible. Try to avoid daily for a couple of days. Fractionate your diet, i.e. eat little portions 5-6 times during the day.

And a second advise, and I'm being serious although it sounds funny, no sexual activity. The metalic clips and sutures can pop out of place due to increase in abdominal pressure caused by orgasm...

He's too old to be frolickin' around like that anyway Xam.

Sounds like it's relatively easy, no idea other than what I have read here though. I had my spleen removed almost 30 years & that sucked.

had surgery in august for gall baldder and it wasnt bad. For one week you feel like crap and well the next day your shoulders and back will be killing you. Any pain you feel after surgery is nothing compared to another attack. Good luck

I haven't really had any attacks. Just felt really sick after I eat and have a dull ache across my chest. I have done every other thing imaginable finally went to a surgeon after the recommendation to take it out. So I hope this works cause I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

FAT I'm not old....yet

Jason

not me,...my uncle did last year...he was back playing golf in a couple of weeks......pretty simple I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520