• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Asking advice from the Scotty guys out there

Yeah sorry if you look at the time for our posts it is the same time. Not bad looking for 70$ have you tryed putting with it yet? I'll like to here what you think about it.

First time out with it I shot 70 on some pretty suspect greens condition wise. So I'm not sure if it was good putting or bad putting and the ball kept bouncing into the hole. :rolleyes: Shot 75 on Tuesday with it aswell so all is good so far.

But I love it, it's given me a lot better distance control over the 30-40 footers, i've made a couple of curling 15-20 foters and it's rock solid from 5 feet and in which is not my strongest point.

May have to wait and see after the honeymoon is over but so far this is my best golfing purchase ever. And for $75, if it didn't go well I could put it on eBay here in AUS and get around $200 for it. Win-Win for me.

That's good to hear. I'm going to have my Scotty Newport stainless 1.5 coming home tomorrow and I'll be practicing like crazy to get used to a new putter.

That's good to hear. I'm going to have my Scotty Newport stainless 1.5 coming home tomorrow and I'll be practicing like crazy to get used to a new putter.

I've ALWAYS loved the Newport range but never been able to find one under the $200 price tag. But they are a beautiful putter. Hope you enjoy.

Is this a new purchase or just a putter thats been away for a while?

send it in to a professional. It needs a complete refinish.

I didn't even notice it's Lefty. That's even better. Keep it oiled (baby oil works well) or it'll turn into the Titanic in a heartbeat.

It'd look great with a copper finish. I've been sorta looking around for an SD1 to get plated.
copper palombi.jpg

Mine was a used Newport I bought from my local Nevada Bob's golf chain store. I only paid 125 for it and it is in like new condition. I'll post some pictures later. Thats a nice looking Scotty you got there wirehair.

wirehair...who did the copper plating on that...does Kevin Colbert do copper plating...my SD1.5 would look awesome in copper

The Copper jobs are Geoge Palombi, and you're spot on about the 1.5 in Copper. He doesn't have a website, but you can catch him at puttertalk.com.

wirehair...who did the copper plating on that...does Kevin Colbert do copper plating...my SD1.5 would look awesome in copper

The Copper jobs are Geoge Palombi, and you're spot on about the 1.5 in Copper. He doesn't have a website, but you can catch him at puttertalk.com.

geogolf right...any idea of turnaround time and cost of a copper plating

I got my Scotty Newport Stainless 1.5 today heres a few crappy pictures. After cleaning and shining it up the thing looks brand new. All it needs is a new Studio or Lamkin putter grip. There is no dings or scratches on the sole or topline. I'm going to be putting with it a lot to get used to a milled putter with this type of shaft offset.
scotty_cameron002.jpg
scotty_cameron003.jpg

'01 and '02 models were gun blue (black ox), the later ones from '03 and '04 are black pearl which is a plated black nickel finish. $70 is indeed a great price, even with a bit of rust.

Well then I'm glad I have the newer model. Geez, just when I think I may some tiny bit of knowledge and you crush it. :p

This is a sweet putter I got. I've been putting with it a while now. I've been putting in about 8 footers no problem. None of the other putters I got can touch it now. Just needs a new grip anyone got a suggestion. I would like one in blue or black. Pretty much anything but one of those super oversized ones. Does anyone know of a way to clean a red Studio grip so it is more red? I've tried soap and water at it does nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520