• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Backswing Q's

danielson2047

Reaction score
What should my left knee do during the backswing, should it move forward, should i roll the left foot to my right, or what. I think this has a little to do with my consistency probs. Also, should my hands be in the same position for every club in relation to my body? thanks gusy.

danielson2047 said:
What should my left knee do during the backswing, should it move forward, should i roll the left foot to my right, or what. I think this has a little to do with my consistency probs. Also, should my hands be in the same position for every club in relation to my body? thanks gusy.

I wouldn't worry about it. Keep your knees flexed in an athletic posture. Work on rotating your shoulders around your spine. As your left shoulder comes under your chin and your back "faces the target", your hips will turn, and your knees will find their own correct position. Keeping your right knee stable and storing energy (coil) in your right thigh is a much more important swing thought than what your left knee is doing.

As for the hands; with every club, (assuming a full swing and not a chip) my hands are in a position that allows me to keep my left wrist fairly flat and the butt end of the club pointed to the inside of my left thigh at the level of my hip.

i think i found my big fault tonight. I have to grip the club in my left hand and just bring the right hand "along for the ride". when i grip to hard with my right hand, it tightens my right shoulder, arm, and knee, and restricts my backswing. Does this sound accurate at all?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520