• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ben Hogan CS3

King Par

Supporting Member
hi guys,

i have yet another driver question. how are the ben hogan cs3 454 cc's? good, bad, ugly?

while looking on e-bay, there are some hard to trust sellers, so I asked my uncle if he had anything lying around. he offered me the ben hogan cs3 for $50.00 canadian.

in my opinion, most of the people on ebay are legit... of course there are a few bad apples, but for the most part they really want Positive feedback...

$50 canadian is a good price for that driver, but i would go for the r580xd... i looked on ebay earlier, and they are going for no more than $50 US....

I use that one in 9.5 and with the stock shaft tends to get the ball pretty high. Mine was reshafted with with a R flex V2 and now it's a pretty solid driver. My swing speed is about 85 and I get 200-225 routinely with an occasional poke out to 250 or so, with my slow swing I think that's about optimum. I recently tried to move it out with a Launcher 460 Ti and the Hogan's still in the bag because it keeps it in the fairway better. Your mileage may vary.

I had a 10.5 Hogan Cs3 2 years ago. the thing hit total moonballs. I've read that their lofts are understated as much as 2 - 3 degrees. Easily the shortest driver that I've owned in the last 3 years.

I would only reccommend it if you are a low ball hitter or its in a loft below 9 degrees. My hogan had a Graf blue in it .

the580xd , Adams Dual, and original Launcher 460 are all much better drivers that can be had for cheap on Ebay.

I have the 9.5 draw biased with proprietary NV 65 stiff shaft. Very solid driver and if you need assistance in straightening out your shot, the technology does work. Not extraordinary distance but a lot of control (and very LOUD).

R580XD is the best driver for the $$ ever made. :laugh:

amen.. but i dont think this guy is sold on them... 19's still using one... its plenty forgiving, but not a total hook machine, or a moonballer.... the stock MAS2 shaft is nothing special, but the head is great...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?