• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blades - Phase II

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Alright, here's the deal.

For next season, I will be using a set of blades. The blades of which I speak have yet to be determined. That will come in time. I'm pretty sure I will just break over the winter and buy some. It's pretty much as simple as that.

I will also attempt to not be a club ho anymore. Yes, you heard it here first. I'm going to keep my driver for the whole season, as well as my X-16's as go to back ups. My putter will remain in my bag.......however, i may putt with my wedge or my 7 iron if it goes into the tank. We'll see.

I may, however, change wedges. It just happens. I will sell my existing wedges as needed. Actually I doubt it. Dammit.

I won't buy a new bag this summer. I do just about every two years and I'm due. But i'm not going to. Nope.

I need a new hat. Mines brown.

My shoes are mint.

So, what do i asl for for X-mas?

CRIPES! :(

R35

Rock,

To help (confuse) you, I am listing all the blades I think you should try before you make your final decision. Now I realise you may have already tried some of these, but that's beside the point - try them again dammit! Seriously though, there may have been some that you haven't considered

I will avoid the usual shpiel about shafts as I know you are already playing the best (DGS300) so we can safely assume that whatever you choose will be shafted accordingly.

Where appropriate I have made notes relating to my experiences..

1. Mizuno MP 30/32/33/37
Pros: softest feel of any club, most forgiving blade I've ever hit, real pretty.
Cons: price, durability, query on customer service from Mizuno

2. Taylor Made RAC MB or TP CB/MB Combo
Pros: nice feel, fairly forgiving, beautiful lookers, excellent customer service
Cons: price

3. Cleveland CG1
(Not tried them but I agree they look beautiful)

4. Ben Hogans Apex
Pros: nice lookers, slightly larger head = more forgiving
Cons: feel was a bit ordinary, come with their own shafts w/ different ratings

5. Srixon Pro-100
Pros: best looking blade on the market today
Cons: probably the least forgiving, maybe not available in Canada yet??

6. Titleist 690MBs
(Not tried them but Titleist don't make crap)

7. Ping S59 or i3 blade
(not tried them but Pings are a love 'em or hate 'em OEM)

These are the major ones I can think of. If I had a choice, and money was not a consideration, I would go for the Mizunos hands down. So why did I choose to go with the TMs? Because I know if something goes wrong with the clubs TM have great customer service and if they can't fix it they'll replace it fast (as happened with my R540 - replaced within one week).

Mizuno are only sold in Aus through a licensee, and I was dubious about their operation. That and the wear factor also - I think the TMs are more durable than the Mizunos and will last me significantly longer.

Hope this helps you.

Good luck!

:smilie_tm

Rock, do I have some work for you for the winter time :yellow:

Why don't you make your own set of blades?
http://www.monarkgolf.com/products/i-270.html

That's 46$ USD plus the shafts, the grips and the accessories like epoxy, that would total about 100$ USD, roughly 140 Can.

They look nice, though I have no idea about the feel. It seems the metal is soft. So, if you're rolling your thumbs around, why not get into club bluiding. That's what I'm planning this winter.
Oh, and here's a shafting guide.
http://www.truetemper.com/technical/reshafting.htm
http://www.swingweight.com/basic_iron_reshafting.htm
:canada:

• Staff
Graz,

The jury's still out on what blades i'm gonna get.

The idea of building a set has crossed my mind. I've heard nothing but good things about the Golfsmith blades. Good feel and game response. And, it's not that big of a price tag. Which is nice.

I don't have problems making my own set. I'd be all over that.

I've also been turned on by the local shop to a set of blades made by TNT golf. Apparently, these blades are made in the same forging foundries as all Titleist forged products. They sure feel nice off the face too. They retail at about 600USD for a set 3-PW with DG Sensicore S300's and my choice of grips. I know I could get a better deal on them too.

Still, i'm still not sure. Make my own? Buy used? Buy new?

This is going to be a long winter.

Cripes.

R35

rockford35 said:
Graz,

The jury's still out on what blades i'm gonna get.

The idea of building a set has crossed my mind. I've heard nothing but good things about the Golfsmith blades. Good feel and game response. And, it's not that big of a price tag. Which is nice.

I don't have problems making my own set. I'd be all over that.

I've also been turned on by the local shop to a set of blades made by TNT golf. Apparently, these blades are made in the same forging foundries as all Titleist forged products. They sure feel nice off the face too. They retail at about 600USD for a set 3-PW with DG Sensicore S300's and my choice of grips. I know I could get a better deal on them too.

Still, i'm still not sure. Make my own? Buy used? Buy new?

This is going to be a long winter.

Cripes.

R35
After reading this, I almost feel guilty for confusing your issue even further in your phase 1 thread just now.....

.... Nah!

Helloooo!

Call Doug Ford. He's looking for those mint shoes to go with his new outfit. Or Jesper, you could call him, too.

rockford35 said:
I need a new hat. Mines brown.

My shoes are mint.

So, what do i asl for for X-mas?

CRIPES! :(

R35

• Staff
Nah Crowe, it's all good.

JC, i mean "Mint" as in "perfect shape". Not mint coloured. Although.... :xxrotflma

R35

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424