• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bridgestone Drivers...

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at a J33R driver and wondering if anybody has any experience with it? Does the face setup square? How does it feel of the face? Any thought would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I've hit the 420cc that Twofast has. I'd say it sets up very similar to a Titlest. Like a 905R or S. The face is forged and it did feel pretty good. Ball comes off the face pretty hot. I hit a block right with it but only had a SW into a hole about 400yds. from the rough. His is a 9.5* with an 83X BB I believe. I've only hit it a few times but it's been lower launching and lower trajectory than my driver. Just as long though. The BB and my release don't get along though, Speeder is more stable for my powerful but very messy swing.

Just to reiterate. If I had to pick the two most similar drivers of different brands as to setup and playability... Bridgestone and Titleist by a mile. The next closest would be TM and a TEE.

Fantastic clubs. Very solid feel. Very muted sound. Low spin, and very long. Not the most forgiving in my opinion, but plenty for me. It sets up square, maybe a touch open.

• Staff
Fantastic clubs. Very solid feel. Very muted sound. Low spin, and very long. Not the most forgiving in my opinion, but plenty for me. It sets up square, maybe a touch open.

Wow, you play an 8.5* driver! Do you feel they hit the ball high? Reason I ask is that I have a 10.5* now and have my eyes on a 9.5*. I guess what I am asking is do you have a high SS? or do they just launch the ball higher?

These drivers are known for being a lower launching lower spinning head. a little less forgiving too.

my results didn't differ much from that, but the one i tried had a garbage NV green in it...the whole combo had a dead feel to it and didn't go anywhere for me.

Wow, you play an 8.5* driver! Do you feel they hit the ball high? Reason I ask is that I have a 10.5* now and have my eyes on a 9.5*. I guess what I am asking is do you have a high SS? or do they just launch the ball higher?

It's not the club at all, it actually hits pretty low. I just hit the ball very high. SS between 105 and 110.

My sales rep actually tried to convince me to go up a degree in loft from what I had played in my Taylor Made drivers due to the J33 promoting a lower launch and spin rate than man other heads on the market. When hit solidly, this thing launches the ball very nicely, but the slightest miss can result in a pretty significant loss of control and distance. The driver was the biggest concern for me when I made the switch to the Bridgestone staff, in fact the rep thought I was going to be playing the headcover game and using my TM driver with the Bstone headcover. He was surprised that I had it in the bag within a week of getting it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520