• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bridgestone Products

AaA

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen many negative reviews for any Bridgestone product. Their balls, irons, and fairway woods (haven't looked to much into their drivers) have all received very good reviews. The quality and performance seem to stand out respectively in their class and for a much lower price.

As I will be shopping around for new irons in the upcoming months, I will definitely keep the J33 CB's and combos in mind. I'm not sure how they compare to my current Hogans but I guess I'll find out. I think I might actually get a sleeve of their B6's, or B300s the next time I play. The more and more I read about their equipment, the more I'm impressed.

Anyone here have first hand experience with their equipment? More so their clubs rather than the balls?

I'm currently using the e6 balls and have been quite pleased.

Wrt their clubs; I play a 15* J33 3 Wood. I absolutely love this club. I was a die hard VSteel guy and, on a whim, decided to give the J33 a try when they recently got heavily marke down (paid $135 new). A few times out on the range and the VSteel was out of the bag.

The J33 has a classic shape that sits nicely behind the ball. The head is just the right height to play with confidence from both the fairway and the tee. The face is hot with just a touch of forgiveness. Contact is solid with more "feel" than the VSteel. Since adding this club to my bag I've been able to turn my left to right flight into a controlled fade from both the tee and the fairway.

It fits well into the rest of bag in that it rewards a good swing and contact yet doesn't severly punish me when I'm just a bit off. One thing worth noting though is that the shaft is little long off the shelf (43.5") and was tricky to control before I cut it down to 42.5".

I am really impressed with the E5 and E6 balls. I might try their premium balls. Seems like everything they're selling is good stuff.. :D

Yeah, I'm just impressed with their equipment so far. At least what little recognition they're getting. Haven't used anything yet.

Hey Chemboy...did you demo any other 3 woods while you were checking out the J33?

Haveta agree Bridgestone/Precept/Tourstage... have brought some fantastic product into the game

AaA - I did demo quite a few clubs. The VSteels have been out forever and I was kicking around the idea of replacing my well worn 15* 3W. I brought the VSteel along when I went to demo as I wanted my standard for comparison right there with me. I liked the Cleveland Launchers and the price was great on them but I wasn't going to get a new 3W if it was one that I almost liked as much as my VSteel. No point in getting something new just for the sake of getting something new.

The funny part is that there aren't any local shops that actually stock Bridgestone clubs. It just so happened that there was a 5W and a hybrid sitting on the used rack. I've always liked their classic look but I still wasn't even considering them as an option. That night I ran into a buddy that used to be the club builder at Golfsmith and he was hitting the used J33. He had a lot of positive things to say about it so I decided to give it a try. From the first swing I was impressed with the club. The rest of the night I kept going back and forth between the J33 and the VSteel. The next day I hopped on line to find the best price I could get and I ordered one.

AaA - I did demo quite a few clubs. The VSteels have been out forever and I was kicking around the idea of replacing my well worn 15* 3W. I brought the VSteel along when I went to demo as I wanted my standard for comparison right there with me. I liked the Cleveland Launchers and the price was great on them but I wasn't going to get a new 3W if it was one that I almost liked as much as my VSteel. No point in getting something new just for the sake of getting something new.

The funny part is that there aren't any local shops that actually stock Bridgestone clubs. It just so happened that there was a 5W and a hybrid sitting on the used rack. I've always liked their classic look but I still wasn't even considering them as an option. That night I ran into a buddy that used to be the club builder at Golfsmith and he was hitting the used J33. He had a lot of positive things to say about it so I decided to give it a try. From the first swing I was impressed with the club. The rest of the night I kept going back and forth between the J33 and the VSteel. The next day I hopped on line to find the best price I could get and I ordered one.

It's a nice feeling when you find something that feels great from the start. I also think having a consistent swing is very important.

I went to golf shop during my lunch break and hit some 6 irons into a net. One of them was the J33 CB's. The other two were the Titleist 755 and 735CM. My range of motion was quite limited due to a really sore back, but I was there, and had to hit something! From my brief examination, the J33's felt similar to the 755. But the 735's we're quite a pleasure. They felt very smooth. But I would need to give any and all clubs another shot due to my limited swing. I know that I didn't make great contact on all shots and I need to have a full swing in the first place to make any determination. The J33's had a nice setup. I think I'll be back there next week when I'm feeling a bit better.

there premium balls are very similar in my opinion to the v1/v1x. Similar spin, feel, and distance, but can be found for much less $.

They have to be the best deal in golf.

Currently lookin towards new irons, my top two are mizzy 67's and the bridgestone blades. Love their B330 balls, theyre a great ball overall, just arent durable enough for me for some reason.

Cant say anything really bad about them.

They have to be the best deal in golf.

Currently lookin towards new irons, my top two are mizzy 67's and the bridgestone blades. Love their B330 balls, theyre a great ball overall, just arent durable enough for me for some reason.

Cant say anything really bad about them.

Their blades are sweet looking clubs. Although I don't think I've seen ugly blades.

Why new clubs? Anything wrong with the TM's?

Just getting worn and if i can get a win this season my rents are guna front the dough for new irons goin into college next fall.:D

Well, I don't have the game for blades and I'm afraid to try the CBs. One reason is their limited offset but the other is that I'm afraid I'll like them. I absolutely love my current irons and I don't want to be in a position where I'm wishing I had another set.

I post negatively about their balls for swing speeds over 100-105. Compress quite a bit due to a soft cover.

I post negatively about their balls for swing speeds over 100-105. Compress quite a bit due to a soft cover.

JEFF4i

And what does that do to your flight? Are you talking their premium balls or E5 and E6? :)

Both, and both go pretty high.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422