• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Car Shopping!

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
Hate it!

So far most of the decent used cars we have looked at are in the $12k-$13k range. These are cars that have low mileage, say less than 50k. I can't get over how expensive used cars have gotten, you can forget about finding a decent used low mileage car in the $8-$10k range, they just don't seem to exist here in Vermont.

Anyway, not really looking for anything, just venting!

Thanks!

From what I've found, between the cash back, low or no interest loans, and warranty's it's typically cheaper in the long run to purchase a vehicle new rather than used.

Especially if it's a typical run of the mill, every dealer has 3, type car. I sit at home, email 3 dealerships and then start forwarding each of their quotes to the other dealers and see who gives me the best price...

Then I go buy it.

• Staff
From what I've found, between the cash back, low or no interest loans, and warranty's it's typically cheaper in the long run to purchase a vehicle new rather than used.

Especially if it's a typical run of the mill, every dealer has 3, type car. I sit at home, email 3 dealerships and then start forwarding each of their quotes to the other dealers and see who gives me the best price...

Then I go buy it.

Havent tried forwarding the others emails against them! Thats a great idea. Some dealers have taken themselves out of the running just by not responding to my emails...

FYI....as a former car salesman I can tell you the internet deal is usually your best bet. I hated those. By the time they got to me ALL the guts were ripped out of the deal.

I could not make a living like that so I left.

Used cars have the largest margins by far.

• Staff
I dont really have a preference. We want a decent used car with low miles. We are looking at a 2005 Buick Lesabre with 54,000 miles, they want $11k, came down to $10,300 but we arent in any hurry. We may try to get in for a test drive next week. Its funny with that car, KBB has the value at around $9k, Edmunds at $10,500 and NADA is at $11,600. Which price is most accurate?

We looked at Honda, Subaru and Toyotas but those models are expensive even with being a few years old. The G6 that was totaled was a good little car...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520