• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Champ Stinger Spikes

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went through a nightmare trying to change my spikes (tri-lock system). I went to take the old ones out and on about 60% the pegs on the wrench just ripped the plastic. I ended up taking a knife and cutting off the spike across from each other so I could get a vise grip on them. Then it took all I had to get them loose. Maybe I waited too long to change? I cleaned out the pockets good for the new ones and I'm rolling. Simple thing like that wore me out! :oops:

I've never had a problem this bad until I went to the Champs spikes. I think I'll use the other style next time.

Anyone else have this kind of problem or am I just getting too old to change my spikes? :(

I just went through a nightmare trying to change my spikes (tri-lock system). I went to take the old ones out and on about 60% the pegs on the wrench just ripped the plastic. I ended up taking a knife and cutting off the spike across from each other so I could get a vise grip on them. Then it took all I had to get them loose. Maybe I waited too long to change? I cleaned out the pockets good for the new ones and I'm rolling. Simple thing like that wore me out! :oops:

I've never had a problem this bad until I went to the Champs spikes. I think I'll use the other style next time.

Anyone else have this kind of problem or am I just getting too old to change my spikes? :(
I have in the past, thats why I switched to soft spikes.

I don't wear spikes anymore. Can't find any that are comfy only big feet when I walk.

WBL, I had a similar problem trying to change old spikes. In the end the solution was to get a better spike remover. I thought my normal spike remover was fine but it wasn't. I bought the mother of all spike removers. Two long prongs and puts really great purchase on the spike. Nothing stands in its way.

WBL, I had a similar problem trying to change old spikes. In the end the solution was to get a better spike remover. I thought my normal spike remover was fine but it wasn't. I bought the mother of all spike removers. Two long prongs and puts really great purchase on the spike. Nothing stands in its way.
So what kind is it? I'm interested.

So what kind is it? I'm interested.
Vise-Grips-7-Inch-USA-Made.jpg

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1403999674.140519.jpg

The old one is on the left and the new one is on the right. You can see the difference in prong length. The one on the left kept slipping out and/or tearing hard to get out spikes. No such problems with the one on the right.

I looked at that one but ended up ordering the "Champ" spike wrench which has some attachments that should solve the problem. What do you think? Even with the long prongs I think the problem is in the weak area of the spike itself.

Amazon.com : CHAMP Pro Max Golf Spike Wrench : Golf Spike Wrenches : Sports & Outdoors

Nope, I gave myself callouses trying to (unsuccessfully) remove old dirty spikes. I was ripping the spikes apart also.

The new remover tool did the job easily.

When the spikes wear out I just get new shoes.

On the topic of spikes and shoes, anyone use/used the FJ project M golf shoes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520