• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chopped it up today

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Reaction score
I played nine with my father today. Hit a total of 1 green and shot 42. I couldn't hit an iron or wedge to save my life. My 3 iron is generally my most reliable club and I can get 230 out of it off the tee. My first shot with it was caught so far off the toe that the shot traveled about 150. The rest of the day went similar to that. My dad was confused, the last time I played with him I hit 16 greens and shot 73.

I'm blaming it on my left index finger, it's still sore and swollen from having a gas can dropped from the top of a ladder. Couldn't really take a comfortable grip at all.

I'm not really sure of the point of this post, I just wanted to vent.

I have had a day like that recently. Guess we need to have "short" memories to come back to golf.

I golfed Saturday with my regular golf partner, but at a course we hardly play. When I got home, my wife, whom usually golfs with/beats me asked how I did so I put it in a song.:D This is absolutely true but you must sing it to the tune of the Christmas classic "A partridge in a pear tree" OK, ya ready? Three double hits, two lost balls, one total whiff and I didn't break a 60! That, unfortunately, is a true story!:prop: I have double hit before but never 3 times on the front nine! The back nine wasn't as bad but it wasn't that good either! Also, it's been a long time since I whiffed a shot and to those that have done it before, it still hurts! Oh yeah, and it's another stroke!

You need to practice the "practice" shot..

If you whiff, you studder back a little, move the club a tad, stand back, check your yardage...

Get back in there, and try again.. Plays off decently..

Only thing, I'm trying to figure out what to do when I putt now. :)

As long as the ball didn't move, it was a "Practice Swing" :biglol:

I played today and shot 88. I hit 3 greens, 3 fairways, no par 3s in reg. Ballstriking was once again absolutely terrible. For the first time, I did not have any fun on the golf course. Just WTF is that? shot after shot.

I gotta hit the range and work this crap out, but first I need to try to improve my state of mind a little. I know I can't play well when I go to the course not expecting to have fun.

Take a little break. I haven't played all that much lately because I was expecting too much when I did play & was starting to get pissed off too often.

42? Bad? You're my partner at the Wisconsin ST outing next month, right? :) I've been shooting around that lately and couldn't be happier.. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520